“Takis Apts”
Review of Takis Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidari
Takis Apartments
Ranked #31 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Sidari
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very good. location is spot on, just at the end of the strip but far enough away to be quiet. The beach is just 5 mins walk away as is the main strip. Plenty of good restaurants but we did like the BED Bar. Prices everywhere are reasonable apart from Corfu town - Beware - do not eat in Corfu town unless its Mcdonalds. the trip shopping there is good but food very expensive. Sidari is reasonable prices for everything. The Takis food was more snack and average apart from their Greek night which was worth the money and very good. Apartments are a little tired but have plenty of room.

2  Thank Edward W

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here the first two weeks of September, and had a lovely time. We would have no hesitation in going back there. The location was great for us - near enough to walk to amenities, but far enough away to ensure no sleepless nights! The weather generally was very good, except for the last two days, when we endured almost constant thunder and lightning, and wading, bare foot, up the main street after our evening meal! (But this has become an unusual holiday story to tell). We hope we will be able to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daykinglobetrotters
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself,hubby,2 boys and my mum stayed here from 6th - 21st Aug this year and had a fab time.This was the 2nd time for my hubby and me as we stayed here last yr,and the 1st time for my mum and our 2 boys aged 6 and 17 yrs.
We had 2 studio apts,one with hubby and me in and the other with mum and the 2 boys in next door to each other.Found them very adequate for our needs with a bedroom,small kitchen and has to be said very small shower rooms.Obvs with 3 people staying in one studio (with my youngest having a camp bed) that was abit cramped,but as your only there for sleeping,washing,getting ready for a nite out it wasn't a prob at all.Our apt's balcony was smaller than my mum's apt,but still enough room for tables and chairs and to hang washing out if you want to do that.Yes,you do only get 1 toilet roll then have to provide your own,but I really don't see this as a problem.These are S/C after all and not a HOTEL and a pack of 2 loo rolls in local supermarket only costs 1 euro.We actually bring our own now.We divide them up between all our suitcases.Not difficult really is it?????
Had loads of hot water in the shower and kitchen which had all the amenities if you wanted to cook in the apts.We didn't really,but did have soup sometimes or rolls,cheese n ham.Fridge was nice n cold which was fab for the odd beers or wine we bought sumtimes.
Cleaners came in every other day to empty bins,clean floors n balcony etc., expect Sundays and they changed the towels and bed linen twice a week.Very good I thought.
Dimitri and his wife Litza are a great couple who really look after you and work all the hrs God sends.I broke my finger whilst I was there and Dimitri was so helpful indeed.The bar area is nice and the pool fab.Loads of sunbeds always available.Prices for food n drink also very reasonable.They do a good BBQ on a Wed nite for 10 euros each and you end up with loads of food and a quiz with lots of fun all nite.TV in the bar and internet/book exchange also.
We didn't use A/C (never used it in the 12 yrs I've been going 2 Corfu).Rooms were pretty warm,but we just hire a fan for abit of a breeze (from Vlaseros travel agency)just down the road.
These apts are in such a good location.5 mins to nearest beach,1 min to local supermarkets, just under 10 mins to the main stri and a few mins walk to the Canal d'amour area
We all had a luvly hol (apart from the broken finger),had some great meals around the resort,Went to Symposio taverna lots.Really enjoyed it there and The Family taverna for my hubby's birthday.Hired a car,went to Corfu Town for the day and much more.
Have booked again with Olympic for nxt Aug 9th-23rd.Unfortunately,we couldn't get Takis all together,so my mum and youngest is staying here whilst hubby and I are staying at Terezas apts just up the road where we've stayed before.Not ideal,but there you go.We will come and see Dimitri and his wife/kids,use the pool n hav a few drinks n snacks which is one of the nice things about Greece.
Anyone who is holidaying here this year or in 2013,hav a fab hol.It really is a nice place to stay and I'm gutted can't stay next year........

3  Thank Jesseche
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at takis for a week last week. U have to pay 5e a night for air con ( something they didn't tell you when u booked it ) so we just slept warm. The toilet is tiny and u have to sit at a 45 degree angle, not fun. Room
Is basic and the beds were rock hard. We were in room 21 so had an outside bench and table at the back which was good for having a few beers before we went out.

The woman from Olympic holidays was nice enough but my girlfriend asked for a loan of a hairdryer and never heard from her again. And Olympic try to sell u stuff u can get much cheaper at the wee travel stands.

The staff are friendly dmitri is a sound guy very friendly and up for a laugh. Helped me out with a nasty mosquito bite was very thankful to him had no travel insurance and it went into a huge blister. The BBQ he cooked was nice too we thought it was tasty. The pool area is nice an therewas always seats and the draught beer from the bar is pretty good.

There were a few english families ( being Scottish we were the odd ones out). They were up for a laugh and there was a bit of banter.

Sidari strip is ok nothing special theres bars and restaurants but it was pretty dead end of August and it was mostly older folk and families.

Don't go here if ur looking for a party.

The beach is pretty [--] and the water is full of seaweed. Sit on a sun lounger for 2 mins and a Greek guy with a bumbag is wanting 8e off u. The water is warm tho.

Food was good in sidari never really had a bad meal good selection every where really.

The Mosquitos were ridiculous the worst I've seen anywhere. And there was a lot of wasps especially at our room.

The weather was warm and sunny and we knew what to expect with the apartments for what we paid so all in all had a good drink and came back with a tan canny complain.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank PaulG19850
Reviewed September 2, 2012

our family had a fantastic time Dimitris andLitza made us feel very much at home his son Alexander played and made good friends with our two grandsons the rooms were Ideal just far enough away from the nosier parts large and clean very friendly had a great week and would definately go back
Dimitris very helpful as we had 24 hour delay on return made things a little more comfortable for us for as long as he could Greatly recommend the Takis,(, but not olympic travel and small planet airways) its a shame as it was a brilliant holiday spoilt

Reviewed September 2, 2012

It was with a lot of trepidation that my partner and I went to the Takis apartments in Sidari after reading some of the appalling reviews on here - even more so when I discovered to my horror that we were staying at the much disdained Takis II! I was fully expecting mosquito bloodbaths on the walls, dirty sheets, fixtures and fittings in a poor state of repair. My fears were unfounded and as far as I could make out so were many of the reviews on here. I feel that many people have gone to the two and a half star Takis expecting the quality and service of a five star. When you go to Takis I recommend you remind yourself what you paid for the holiday and that it is rated two and a half stars. Do this and I guarantee you will be surprised (in a good way) by what you find. I spoke to my rep about the reviews and she asked me if I would be willing to write an honest review of our experience - so here it is.

First of all I would like to say that there are indeed two sets of Takis apartments in Sidari. One which I presume is the Takis and Effie apartments and the apartments in which we stayed. We stayed at the complex illustrated in the main photograph. The other Takis (there is a photograph of a rather shabby entrance sign on here which belongs to this one) was across the main Sidari road and about 100 yards to the right. Within the Takis complex where we stayed there is "Takis 1 and Takis 2" however both are part of the same complex. I asked about this and apparently they are named this for business reasons as there are two owners. A gentleman called Takis owns Takis 1 and Takis 2 is owned by a lady who you will see as she lives above Takis 2 and cleans it. I doubt you will speak to her though as she speaks very little English. The whole Takis complex is managed by Demitris and Litza.

Ok so here is goes:

Value: We booked our holiday two weeks before departure and paid just under £400 per person for seven nights. We were travelling with Olympic holidays. We arrived in Takis to find a bar, pool table, internet and TV. Internet costs two Euros for forty minutes. The machine takes 50 cents coins and this was often more than sufficient to check your email etc. The drinks at the bar were reasonable - two Euros for a large beer, four and a half Euros for the best cocktails you will ever taste (and the best decorated), two and a half Euros for a very large soft drink. Meals - cooked by both Demitris and Litza were always tasty and there was a good selection on the menu though a distinct lack of Greek food. On average the meals cost about 8 Euros and were good value for money. There is a pool table which to be honest isn't the best but does allow poor players to play well! TV - Demitris and Litza have control but are happy to let you watch whatever you want - just ask! Air conditioning was five Euros per night though we didn't use it and safety deposit boxes were four Euros a week. Twice in the week Demitris has a BBQ which can be booked for ten euro. This is a must! The cost includes pudding a refreshing watermelon.
Location- Can't be faulted. It is situated just off the main road in Sidari far enough to allow for a quiet stay. There is a "supermarket" to mins walk away so you are able to get your mineral water as the water in Corfu is not safe to drink due to its high mineral content. If you head into Sidari through the main entrance, the beach is about five minutes walk away as are many of the lively tourist destinations. If you want something more peaceful, head out of Takis through the back entrance past Takis 2. Across a small bridge you will find the canal d'amour and the quieter part of town.

Rooms - are clean and serviced once during your stay (remember two and a half star). This was not a problem for us as there was a drying horse on the balcony and we washed the towels out by hand and they dried within the hour. You have a bedroom, balcony, little kitchen area (complete with pots and pans) with two ring hob and a shower. Yes there is only one toilet roll provided so take your own. Air conditioning is provided for the cost of five Euros a day. Now my two grumbles (which are small) are with the rooms. We were in room 29. We did not bother with the air conditioning as we were not in the room long enough to need it but next door did. This would not have been an issue only their condensation pipe led into our balcony area. The pipe fed into a mineral water bottle that if you failed to empty would overflow. This is something that happened to us a couple of times, causing the whole balcony to flood. It was not a huge issue, there was a mop outside, it took a minute to mop. All it meant was we had to remember to empty the bottle every day as the cleaners did not! The water in the bottle was clean and didn't smell so it wasn't a hardship. Our final grumble was that the owner of Takis 2 and the cleaners lived above the apartment and the Greeks are not known for their quiet voices. Their chit chat and stomping did get annoying but to give them their due they usually quietened down by 12.30am so again not a huge issue.

Cleanliness - already mentioned. The apartments were clean enough and were serviced during your stay. The rest of the complex was immaculate. Demitris can be seen regularly cleaning the pool and testing the pool water.

Service - At Takis the service could not be faulted. Litza and Demitris are a fabulous couple who really can't do enough for you. All they want is for you to have a great stay and they will do what they can to help you to do that. I would suggest that you go armed with a few Greek phrases as Demitris likes helping you learn. He enjoyed watching me sat there with my phrase book commenting "it's all Greek to me!" Both Dimitris and Litza work long hours managing the apartments and their two small children who can often be found swimming in the pool playing with the other children. Both of them are amazing hosts.

I hope you find my review helpful - please do not be put off by some really unfounded reviews. I spoke to people in each apartment block and everyone couldn't agree with me more. Go to Takis and you will have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank polly2P1979
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for one week in August and my family and I had a fantastic time.
The Takis was clean and our apartment was spacous with every thing we could have needed. The owners Dimitris and his family were very helpful and welcoming. We would definately stay at The Takis again in the future.
The only downfall to this holiday was the Mosquitos... Repellant plug in's and lotion are a must here, every other person in Sidari seemed to be covered in bites. Thankfully we went fully prepared and did not have thia problem.
I would recommend the BBQ at the takis on the wednesday night, its cost 10 euro and the food was lovely, well worth the money.
There are some great places to eat on the main strip and most restaurants have a terrace on the beach which was lovely. The sea breeze and greek village restaurants were the best we thought.
I was slightly worried about staying here after reading some the reviews however I am shocked at these reviews and I could not fault it at the takis, if anything it was better than i expected. Very pleased with our holiday and sad to be home!

• Stayed: August 2012