All reviewssaxophone barkids clubanimation teamwater polopool barbean bagssuper mariofirst choice repslight inclinesplit levelice creamrestaurant staffnext yearcanal d'amourall inclusive drinksgreat holidaytable tennis
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Stayed at the Zafiris Hotel last week, the hotel is great!!!! really nice setting and rooms are nice and spacious.

The service at the hotel is great, the owners will do anything for you and barbie on reception is really friendly and helpfull. would def stay in these apartmenst again. There based in the quieter area or sidari which i think is better cos your away from comercial area of it but its only a couple of minute walk area.

Sidari itself is ok, theres bars and restaurant for all types. in October it was more older couples but i think thats just maybe the time of year.

Overall the hotel is great and in my opinion the best place to stay in sidari

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Second visit to paradise, first went in June this year and could not wait to get back, from our arrival Nicky met us at the bottom of the hill and reconised us straight away with big hugs for the whole family, when we got to the top of the hill Angela dropped everything to come and say hello to us all while screaming. We had a great room again clean and tidy, cleaned every day except Sunday (They have to have a day off). As this was our second time we were made to feel even more welcome by all the staff, even the owner made a fuss. The little ones were in the pool in 20 mins of arrival and we were being spoilt by all the staff, I can not say enough about this place and the staff they make the holiday amazing to the point of when I asked the kids where they wanted to go again they said back here. So it will be the third time soon I hope. The only bad thing about this holiday is having to come home! Once again thank you to all the staff, Nicky, Angela, Demitri, Carlos the master chef if you go you must have the steak with gorgonzolla cheese its worth the flight. Thank you Barbie on reception who can arrange anything. I would strongly recommend the Greek night at the complex they had me dressed as a women oh yeah. You have got to go to this place once, we have made some good friends and this will be a regular holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank les001
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We have just returned from Zafaris and I have to be honest I was very pleasantly suprised! We got a late deal for a week but it was still very cheap and I have to admit leading up to the holiday I did wonder what I had let myself in for!

However upon arrival we met Nicky were taken to our rooms which were clean, well maintained and comfortable. We had a two bedroom apartment at the bottom of the hill but walking up to the bar was not an issue and although very close to saxaphones there was not disturbances although you could hear and neighbouring bar from the balacony and their renditions of 'Alice' were just magical!

We have been to Greece before and anyone else who has would agree that apartments do tend to be a little basic, it suited us perfectly, found the beds very comfortable and we had a newly furnished bathroom which was lovely. Little niggles we had were the window in the shower? There is a big mosquito problem (I have 16 bites) so doors were kept shut and the ventalation in the room is poor so it got very humid; we read in the book about using the 'free' air conditioning to try and help with the mosquito's but reception told us it had been turned off despite our reps saying otherwise and the maids bless em, kept leaving the windows open after cleaning, fresh air is lovely but the room was full of mossies despite having plug in's in the room (which are pants!). We ate out and didn't cook at all in the apartments but I do think as a party of 4 it would have been difficult to do a meal with 2 electric rings and a microwave, not to mention the 1 saucepan, however it was clear people had done so before and a lot of our 'neighbours' did so without issue, but to be honest the prices of the local eateries were very resonable and based on the supermarket prices it was more or less the same if not cheaper to eat out (depending on what you order of course). It would have been nice to have had a communial living space and the bathroom door next to the dining room table was a little uncomfortable at times. Also there was only 1 tv for 2 double rooms and very little in the way of channels, which was a disappointment as the last apartment we stayed at have a film channel and E! etc which was nice to realx to as your going to sleep but some may disagree with me there!

The food at saxaphones & the pool bar lovely, service excellent - greek night recommended and prices very resonable in deed. Wasn't highly struck on Corfu town not much to do but the Thompsons sundowner takes you to an island off the coast after a sun set boat ride (where we saw dolphins) which is full of bunnies and pheasants and the food is very good - has to be one of the top moments on the hols, would also recommend the boat trip around the caves in Paleokastritsa and Belle vista (although watch out for the wasps).

Can't complain at all about the apartments and am very glad I went to see corfu but I wouldn't say I will be back soon as I feel I have seen all I wanted. We aren't really beach and pool people and enjoy exploring etc, but if you do like to relax by the pool I can see why people keep going back. My main concern would be that Sidari could get more commericalised and in 5yrs time would definatly not be the place for me, however the good news is Mcdonalds had closed down!

I do believe the apartments made the holiday for us. If your looking for rural peaceful greece I wouldn't say Sidari is the place, however its no where near blackpool standards and whilst we explored around the sidari 'strip' we spent most of our time around canal d'amour and it was lovely and not too in your face or with the tribute acts. There are still some real gems to find in corfu, the car hire was very cheap and we visted loads of places, Rhoda just 10 mins drive is very quaint and peaceful with a lovely beach if you fancy going somewhere more peaceful, and a lot of the reps go to sunset beach which is either an hours walk or 10 mins drive from canal d'amour.

I don't think its fair to judge the apartments on your opinion of Sidari and I have not met friendlier more helpful people and the apartments suited us perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My boyfriend and I (ages 21 and 24) have just returned from a week stay at the zafiris apartments. I cannot recommend this place enough. Staff are fantastic and location of apartments is probably the best in the area. Most other hotels seemed to have a very shaded pool or were along the main road whereas zafiris is enough out the way for peace and quiet but close enough to walk to the bars, beach, shops etc. The apartments are positioned uphill and on the coast so gets the sun all day.
We had a one bedroomed apartment which was a good size but fairly basic, not that we needed any more than this. The sofas in the living area also doubled as beds and were very comfy.
We ate at the apartments for lunch most days and the food was really good and reasonably priced. Again staff were brilliant.
After reading the below review I thought I would give my view on sidari as well. It is very british but I didn't find it tacky, I would normally be put off by a british type holiday but we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
I would recommend taking a trip to corfu town and going on the kalypso star glass bottom boat and in sidari going to a bar called 1 for the road which plays as lot more rock music and had some brilliant live acts. We also enjoyed babylon bar as it plays slightly older music and has kareokee.
For trips out we stopped at at the place nearest our apartment, it was called something like valesiros travel, the excursions here were much cheaper than through the travel company and the girl we booked with advised us no to do the glass bottom boat trip that lauradora89 reviewed below as she said the beach, wasps etc were a problem. She advised a similar trip for us instead.
We had a fantastic time, the only dissapointing part of the holiday was half way through an amy winehouse tribute act they finished her show early to put the xfactor on!! It was on in everybar but 1 for the road which was a great relief to us as we didn't go on holiday to watch xfactor in a bar! Other than that would highly recommend, esp these apartments.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Before I flame the rest of the holiday, let me say that the Zafiris apartments are clean, comfortable apartments, run by a great team who go out of their way to help you whenever they can. That was why our best parts of the holiday were spent by the pool, enjoying the sun.

It was therefore a real shame that Sidari itself is about 20 years out of date. It's a scruffy blackpool-esque place with poor beaches and wholly outdated bars/restaraunts. The formula for these places is simple: booze deals, karaoke, crap quizzes and 'tribute' acts. Whilst this might be a bit novel on the first night or two, after a week or so of seeing the same tribute acts (Maybe Winehouse, Meatloaf, Tina Turner) move from bar to bar, you'll soon tire.

Sidari seems to be frequented only by the British, and the majority are retiree's. This has no doubt contributed to the 'land that time forgot' feel of the place.

Every meal you order (including to my surprise a chicken wing starter!) comes with chips, and whilst the other reviews on here might recommend the three pigs highly, we found the food poor and took exception to them nearly setting our friends pram on fire during the greek night. Only Pancho's Villa (how cheesy?) served us food that we were more than happy to fork out our hard earned for.

If you are keen on snorkelling, dont bother in Corfu; as the underwater wildlife is sparse and, encountered in September, is likely to be a stinging jellyfish. You can engage in watersports on the beach but you will have to pay for the experience.

Finally, all the shops that arent supermarkets in Sidari sell only tat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple