Zafiris Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sidari
See available hotels
Olgas Hotel(Sidari)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Alkyon Hotel(Sidari)
  • Pool
All reviewssaxophone barkids clubanimation teamwater polopool barbean bagspizza and chipsfirst choice repsuper mariosplit levelrestaurant staffice creamall inclusive drinksgreat holidaycanal d'amourtable tennismeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We a family of 3 have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Zafiris Hotel.The hotel has it's good points and not so good points as all hotels have. We arrived after 9pm to be greeted at the drop off point at the Saxophone bar at the bottom of the hill....some people have said it's a huge steep hill but it's not really looks worse than it actually is............. by the Animation team who assisted us with our luggage. We were allocated our room in the block at the bottom of the hill which at first I wasn't impressed with the location but i think we got the best rooms.We were then invited up to the restaurant at the top of the "steep" hill to have some dinner. The staff had kept the restaurant open to accommodate the arrivals which I thought was a nice touch. so let's get on with review of Zafiris.

Room.... It was huge with a massive superking bed and a single bed and a very large bathroom. The whole room was spotlessly clean.There was also a fridge with freezer compartment which was a godsend. There was a large double wardrobe but found drawer space was very limited. Room was cleaned daily and towels and bedlinen were changed frequently. There was a small balcony which we never really used because our view was either neighbours balcony or trees. Not a problem though. We did not have any problem with dampness even though we used the air conditioning frequently. We adhered to the advice given by staff at what temperature to keep it at and room was lovely and cool. I would liked to have seen some soap supplied in bathroom and maybe a couple of glasses supplied but both problems were rectified by buying a bar of soap at 70c and getting glasses from bar.

Restaurant and food..... The restaurant was also very clean and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was variable always something to eat depending on your taste but did become repetitive over course of holiday. Felt at times they were trying to make a lot of british dishes especially different types of pies and lots of pasta and sauces but when I am in a foreign country I like to try foreign food although I do know a lot of British holidaymakers expect British food in foreign countries :D

Pool and Sunbeds........Well what can I say. Both were of excellent standard although you get the usual towels on sunbeds before dawn and no one on them before lunch. On saying that the number of sunbeds far exceeded the hotel head count so there was never a problem getting one somewhere but never poolside. There was also huge beanbags to sunbathe on as well. Very comfy. I was nearly always up at the pool area before 8 as I am an early riser and witnessed the pool being cleaned meticulously every day and Super Mario going round with his wheelbarrow cleaning the whole area and plumping up the cushions in the bar area.

Pool Bar..... Lovely location and the usual selection of beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks. Also had a self serve coffee/tea machine. Never once encountered the 2 drinks per person other people complained about. Maybe think of investing in larger plastic cups and visits to bar wouldn't be as frequent as cups were really only half to three quarter filled.

Saxophone Bar..... Definitely a bit tired looking and need of a wee spruce up. Maybe barman could crack a smile now and again.

Animation team.....What can I say during the day they tried very hard and were good fun having various activities round the pool but nightime what a letdown. Entertainment was dire! On saying that the team were fired 2 days before we left and we only got the chance to see the new team once before we had to go home and they looked to be far superior.

Kids club.... These girls were fantastic with the kids but could do with maybe taking wee walks round restaurant and pool to try and encourage more children to attend.

Reception....Barbie oops sorry Dawn and Lizette were excellent. Both British girls now living in Corfu. These girls never stopped from morning till night and bent over backwards to help you out. I hope the Manager realises how hard these girls work.

Overview of holiday... We had a great time except for the mossie bites :D As most people have probably read in previous posts there was a viral outbreak at the hotel (and around other parts of Sidari) and even though many people have been quite cheeky about the way the hotel handled it I don't think the hotel could have done anymore than they did do. Our family were not affected by it and I do know some families were all affected which isn't very nice on holiday but these things happen everywhere schools hospitals office blocks etc. The hotel did put health and safety measures in place but many people ignored these and I witnessed it firsthand. People going into restaurant and pool and bars when they were still ill. Not using antibacterial gel that was available for all to use and also using their fingers to pick up food when utensils were supplied for everything. For a couple of days after the outbreak all you could smell throughout the whole complex was bleach and disinfectant ( and Lizette running around with her anti bac gel and air freshener) which some people complained about. All the staff from the bottom to the top were pleasant and all very hard working. The hotel location was excellent with beautiful views over the Canal d Amour. Yes there are a few things that could maybe be improved upon but seeing as this hotel has only changed from self catering to all inclusive the past couple of years I think they are handling it very well and if you have a complaint or problem tell them while you are there not on here when you get home because I can assure you they will most certainly do their best to sort it out for you.

Thanks for some good memories and maybe we will see you all again in a couple of years.

Room Tip: Would recommend room at bottom of hill.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Joyce M
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited Zafiris hotel last week in June, had a fantastic time. It was just me and my friend away for first time without parents. I will admit I was a little nervous about this but as soon as we got there we were greeted straight of the coach by Dawn, Kris and Drago who helped take everyone's suitcases to the reception where everything was explained about the hotel and then shown to our rooms.

Through out the whole holiday the staff were amazing. I couldn't have been more thankful for how welcoming they were. I have never been to a hotel where the staff are so friendly. If you needed something they would be there to help within seconds.

I definitely agree with the other comments about some of the rooms being tired. Our room was by reception which was perfect as we were then in the middle of being close to the restaurant, pool and then a minute away from the saxophone bar. Unfortunately the air conditioning unit was no use it leaked out loads of water when your turned it on and was so noisy, but we didn't feel we needed it and managed to survive the holiday without. The room it self wasn't amazing but for a low rating hotel you can't complain. Although we had a few problems with the bathroom one with the shower head didn't stay up so we had to hold it while we showered to stop it spraying everywhere and secondly we had a ants nest above the bathroom mirror which when we complained they reception did react but they didn't manage to sort the problem properly so we had to just deal with it. We also found our bed sheets weren't changed the whole time we stayed which we wasn't happy about.

The pool was lovely, very clean, rather big and had plenty of sun beds! The bar staff around the pool are always happy and quick to remember what you normally have which was a nice touch.

The animation team on here haven't got great comments but I found they were all lovely and such fun to be around. They tried to motivate everyone to join in with what games and activities they came up with. Around the pool they came up with various activities for all ages to join in with which was excellent. The children seemed to be very drawn to the animation team which shows they are very good with children. Even of a night time they done bingo, dancing and other activities which everyone joined in with and was a good laugh to watch. If I am honest the animation team made my holiday for me, without them around the pool or in saxophone bar I would have been really bored. The guys made me and my friend feel very welcome and was always a pleasure seeing their happy faces every day.

The Saxophone bar needs a good bit of loving a lot of broken chairs which need replacing if I am honest! The staff were pleasant and always said hello. Most people are saying the evenings were no good but every night I spent in there I had a good laugh! If it's not your sort of thing in there then you can also go into town which is a 10 minute walk to other bars.

Also a big shout out for Ashley who is the rep at the hotel, lovely guy! Most reps you hardly see them around and when you do they don't socialise with you. Ashley was always there to help and always around getting to know people around the hotel, day and evenings! Definitely the best rep I have ever come across!

Overall holiday was amazing so big thank you to everyone at the Zafrisis Hotel, I would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sophie D
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed for a week at the hotel, everyone was amazing! The staff were so friendly and polite! If we had any worries or problems they would be fixed straight away.

The room was always tidied for my sister and I, which was good because we weren't the cleanest. But there were some slight flooding problems in the bathroom and a minor ant problem, but apart from that the room was lovely!

Now, the animation team, they made the holiday so much more exciting! So friendly and polite, they would make sure we were always having fun! The activities were so much fun once my family and I took some convincing! The entertainment in the evenings was something to look forward to every night.

Best holiday We've ever been on! An experience i'll never forget, Thank you!
#Corfu2014

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LNicklin
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed at the Zafiris for 1 week in June with my 4 year old godson and his mum, We had a free child place and the price and overall other reviews won us over.

Arrived at the hotel just after 9pm and they has kept the restaurant open for us. We had a split level family room with the main bedroom and bed being a good size, bathroom was ok with bath and shower and towels changed twice during our weeks stay. Maid come daily to clean but I felt the floor was not properly as still lots of sand left and the table on the baloney could have been cleaned with wet cloth.

Food was pleasant, meats, fish, veg, salads, BBQ one evening. I think personally more seafood would be nice. Free ice cream during the day at some point would have been a nice touch too along side the other pool bar snacks. Drinks not to bad and you could pay for Imported brands only a small fee. The views are amazing of the sunset from the hotels pool bar really worth a watch and my godson enjoyed seeing the sun get eaten by the sea :)

The busy main part of the town with a large beach is is 10-15 mins a walk away from the hotel (smaller beaches are nearer the hotel at a stones throw distance) near the hotel you have a some lovely restaurants all very cheap €5-6 for steak or fish with salad and chips so very affordable to have a few nice meals it like we did.

Overall for what we paid and the fun we had we would go back not a bad 3 star at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Katie82115
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited the zafiris for a week early July and it was a great week! Firstly I'd like to mention that the staff were amazing! All were very polite and friendly and were very attentive. We had an all inclusive package which was great because the food was lovely, I'm a very fussy eater yet I found plenty to have every meal, there were also plenty of drinks to choose from on the all inclusive menu.
I don't see why people are so bothered by the fact the rooms are plain, you are on holiday in a gorgeous place GO OUTSIDE! I think slating the decor of the room says more about the type of person they are rather than the hotel.
As for the illness that many people had around the time we were there I had it too for a night and a day, I never went outside almost all day when I had the illness but because of the cleanliness of the room and the fact it was kept lovely and cool I was able to stay relaxed and make the best of things. Staff were also very helpful and all showed concern and checked up on me throughout the rest of my stay which I found lovely. When I was ill I did try and go to tea with my boyfriend, I wasn't going to eat I just wanted some fresh air. When we got sat down I felt incredible faint and sick, one of the male staff members noticed and moved us to a different table in front of an air con and turned it up high to cool me down, this helped a lot and I thought it was very thoughtful, he helped a lot unfortunately I didn't manage to get his name.
The negative comments about the animation team are also very exaggerated. They ran loads of activities and tried to get everyone involved, they we're very friendly and kept everyone smiling. They were there almost all day everyday and were hardworking. Also bar staff and cleaners were very lovely.
The zafiris is in a great location very close to everything, there was always something to do! We would definitely come again!
Thank you to all staff members that made it a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple