All reviewssaxophone barkids clubanimation teamwater polopool barbean bagssuper mariofirst choice repslight inclinesplit levelice creamrestaurant staffall inclusive drinksnext yearcanal d'amourgreat holidaytable tennis
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed here between 17th & 31st May 2013, we had a lovely holiday. The setting of the hotel was perfect, away from the main road so there was no road noise or fumes round the pool. Our suite of rooms were perfect, we had originally booked an inappropriate room but our travel agent spoke to the receptionist Dawn who was really helpful and we upgraded to 2 bedrooms, we were a little concerned that all the fuss this made would label us as "difficult" but on the contrary we had a laugh about it & it was forgotten. We found all the staff working at the hotel so very helpful and pleasant and after only a few days they were like family. The choice of food in the restaurant was very wide and varied and always included plenty of local dishes which we prefer when in another country. The snacks provided mid morning and afternoon were not very good, toasted cheese or ham sandwich with no spread on them! and the cake was very boring, though this was a good thing for our waistlines! The activities during the day were good and no one was pressurized to join in. As was previously mentioned the evening activities became boring as there was no variety from night to night, perhaps on some nights there was no need to"entertain" us but provide an adult disco with a variety of music from 60's, 70's, 80's etc. All staff at the hotel worked very hard for the benefit of the guests and any problems were solved immediately without any fuss. Although we didn't have children with us the hotel is very family orientated and I would genuinely consider bringing my Grandchildren for a holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank DevonDivas
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

The Devon Divas will always back at the Zafiris!

All of the staff express their thanks for your review and kind words!

We look very much to seeing you return with your extended family.

With best regards

The Zafiris Team

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went as a family of three for a week mid-may, perfect timing as the resort was just waking up and the weather averaged around 25 degrees.
From the moment we got off the transfer bus the the staff couldn't have been more helpful - they were there to meet us and take our bags up the hill to reception. At reception booking in took all of 5 minutes then we were shown to our room, again with our bags being carried for us.
The rooms were basic but clean. You don't spend much time in them to be honest other than washing and sleeping. I felt there could have been a little more storage space downstairs, we stayed in a split level family room and because we were using both beds the cupboard under the stairs was filled with cushions from the sofa. It wasn't a major problem just meant we had to keep all our clothes in our suitcases. I found the downstairs beds to be too hard and had a little trouble sleeping until I had a brainwave and placed a lilo on top of the mattress after that I slept like a baby.
I couldn't get my son out of the pool, he absolutely loved it! And he especially liked the water polo that took place every afternoon at half 3. The pool was big and clean, there were plenty of sun loungers around the pool so it was very easy to keep an eye on him while staying dry.
The restaurant staff were incredibly friendly, and especially good with children. The variety of food on offer was really good with the exception of breakfast, but it's pretty hard to vary that. We looked forward to our lunch and evening meals as there was always something new to try. I liked the mixture of traditional Greek foods and English being offered, defiantly something for everyone. We didn't eat out at all as the quality of food at the hotel was soooo good. We found the soft drinks a little bit of a let down to be honest though as they all tasted too sweet, we did find that if we watered down the juice it tasted a lot better.
The entertainment team are so friendly and try to make sure everyone is included. Again they are especially good with children. There is always something going on and everyone no matter how old can join in. Even managed to convince my mum to have a go at archery.
The location of this hotel is excellent, right on the Canal D'amor. And walking around Sidari we realised how lucky we were that the pool can only be used by hotel residents. A lot of other hotels have pools by the roadside that are open to anyone who happens to walk by as long as they buy a drink.
We loved the little terrier dog that seems to have adopted the hotel as its home, Benji. He was very cute although he liked to chew your shoes. The staff pretty much make this holiday so enjoyable, nothing ever seems too much for them. If there wasn't so much more of the world to see then we would defiantly come back.
Little tip if your going to be staying here, if you want to buy a few nibbles for you room when you leave the complex turn right and about three mins walk up the road is the cheapest supermarket. Turning right takes you to the main part of Sidari.
If you look carefully crossing the little bridge walking to the Main Street you can sometimes see a turtle paddling about.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Clare S

Again we would express out thanks for your feedback which is important to us.
We take on board all comments and try to adjust our service based on what customers tell us.

We thank you again for your comments and hope to see you again one day/

Best regards

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We returned from a 2 week stay this morning and I felt the need to write our review immediately. We are a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids aged from 9 months to 9 years). Zafaris exceeded our expectations, we received the warmest of welcomes from Martin and Larry and Danny who helped us carry bags to our rooms. The rooms are basic (which suited us- we didn't spend much time in them) they were spotlessly clean and the beds are large and comfortable, having a fridge was handy! The bathroom was simple but clean with plenty of soft towels, shower was powerful. The pool and facilities were all great (really big, deep pool - but with shallow kids area- kids loved it!!). Restaurant was clean and the food was good and plentiful - we especially loved the Greek food. Our kids were more than happy with the pasta dishes and desserts/ice cream on offer. Drinks were fine and branded stuff available for a mere €1! We took a few excursions and also hired a car to see the rest of the island (didn't used Thompson - found it was worth shopping around as lots of local companies offer excursions at competitive prices). Agios Steffanos, kassiopi and kerassia are beautiful. Aqua land is a great day out- kids really loved it. I'm leaving the best bit 'till last now... It was the hotel staff that made our holiday so special, I've stayed in a fair few hotels in the UK and around the world but I have never felt so well cared for and listened to. The animation team were also great and kept us all well entertained. The other guests at the hotel also made our stay a really fun one! I've read other reviews on trip advisor and can't honestly understand why some people have been so negative! There are a few ants strolling around but they are NOT a problem, the walk up from/down to the saxophone bar is not a problem, if people don't like the heat and need constant aircon then I think they should consider holidaying in the cooler months (May/June or September) or just stay in the cold & wet UK!!! Some of the hotel facilities are a little basic but you have to remember you are getting what you pay for. Zafaris represents excellent value for money!!! Thank you for an unforgettable happy happy holiday!!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank MPCWNR

Again we would like to express our thanks for your time and support in writing this article.
It really is a boost to the staff that they know we are delivering the service that customers want.

With best regards

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here between 17-23rd May 2013 with a friend.
I can only but repeat what most people have said about the staff on here as they all seemed very friendly. The entertainment team were great and not too pushy if you want to just chill and watch. They put their heart and soul into what they were doing and Lenny surprised use by having such a beautiful singing voice. The restaurant staff are also very welcoming and the food was very nice and we particularly liked trying the traditional foods. The staff at the bars where efficient although i did think the pool bar closed too early at 6pm as i like the last part of the sun chilling with a drink (and they didn’t compromise not even by a minute as I found out one day). The drinks where ok but the mixers were not so good, the diet coke did not taste like diet and the orange tasted like sugar water not good for diabetics. My friend who doesn’t drink alcohol found the choices/quality of soft drinks a real let down. And although you can pay an extra euro for a proper diet coke the all-inclusive could have provided a better quality/range of soft drinks.

Our room was clean and basic which was fine, but the beds initially were really hard and the air conditioning was pretty useless (although I read beforehand it would not be turned on until June so maybe it was only a fan we experienced). It took 3 or 4 days to sort the topper mattress out. We were initially told by the receptionist that all hotel mattresses where hard because of the usage but I think they may have run out of toppers and had to wait until change over day before one became available as I’ve been to many hotels and this is the second hardest I’ve ever slept on! But they didn’t mind listening to our disappointment every day until they sorted it.

My friend had a massage and was very impressed with the quality of it. The very friendly lady asked all the relevant health questions which shows she knows her stuff.

The hotel itself is situated in a lovely position and feels very safe as it is reasonably small, something that I really like about the hotel. It has the added benefits of not being too far from a busy stripe of bars, shops and restaurants which takes about 10-15 minutes to walk. So the hotel would suit those with little ones, teens or young adults. There are also some bars and restaurants just outside the hotel.

There is a small beach at the back of the hotel and a long beach within minutes from that. The views from here are also fantastic and I was surprised at how warm the sea was.

We also booked a horse ride from a local excursion company (can’t remember the name but it’s on the way to the main strip over the smelly bridge on the right and has red signage and a coach outside). The guy who took us horse riding was really lovely and walked my horse as I was too scared to go it alone (my problem not his).

If you're eating out then I checked out a few meals and they came in around 5 - 8.50 euro for the average non specialised dishes. Although we intended to eat out we didn’t in the end as the food was good in the hotel and many of the restaurants were not offering traditional local dishes.

One last thing, Wi-Fi in the hotel is around the pool and restaurant. It was of a good standard and I was able to facetime easily and at times I could get it in my room which was opposite the hotspot.

Overall you will not be disappointed with this hotel as they are obviously trying really hard to make this hotel the best it can be. Yes there are some improvements needed but these will not spoil your overall experience as it is relaxed/casual, friendly, great value and a location that will suit most people. And yes i would definitely go back at some point.

Look out for Benji he really is such a lovely, good natured dog...please put updates on here if you leave a review.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank keepdennett
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Again we would like to thank the author for their feedback.
It's good to see that we were able to match the guest expectations on most points.

The drinks that we serve are under review and we have tried to improve these. However there are some budget constraints that we have to be mindful of. Which is why we offer branded soft drinks at nominal rates.

Our apologies for the delay in sorting out the mattresses.
As a general rule of thumb the majority of mattresses in Greece are semi hard to hard to prolong the life of the mattresses from the level of wear and tear their receive.

Where bookings indicate same sex couples as a hotel we always defer to single beds for the guests unless advised differently by the customer. The hotel carries a back up supply of topper mattresses adequate for the hotel.

Again our apologies for any delay in our response time to resolving this issue.

Bar times - During the high season we do open the bar for longer periods. However when the evenings are cooler this has proved not to be popular.

Thanks again for your feedback

All the best

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at Zafiris at the beginning of May. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we couldn't have asked for more from Zafiris or it's staff. Even though the hotel itself is beautiful, and the food is divine it's the staff that give this hotel it's real charm.

It's the kind of customer service you dream about - every single person on site is friendly, they remember your name and the conversations you've had, they're funny and want you to enjoy yourself, if you have any sort of problem they're happy to help and whilst you're there you feel like you've been welcomed into a big happy family. I could probably go on forever about how wonderful they all are but you probably want to know about the actual holiday itself:

The rooms were always clean, the pool is beautiful and the deep end is actually deep enough to jump in which is a novelty, the food as I've mentioned was gorgeous - especially the bbq night, there's a good range of drinks on offer and cocktails available at a reasonable price in the Saxophone bar, there's always some form of entertainment or activity on offer, more than enough sun beds to go around and if you fancy meeting the love of your life the Canal D'Amour is a very short walk away!

All in all I think this was one of the best holiday's I've ever been on and I'm already considering returning!

Thank you to everyone on site for all your hard work and for making us feel so at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank stephtin86

Thank you for your kind words. It is reassuring to know that our customer or should I say friends can see that there is a very genuine effort by everyone to give everyone the best holiday we can.

Thanks again