Angelina's Hotel & Apartments(Sidari)(Great Value!)
$31
Alkyon Hotel(Sidari)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssaxophone barkids clubanimation teamwater polopool barbean bagssuper mariofirst choice repslight inclinesplit levelice creamrestaurant staffnext yearcanal d'amourall inclusive drinksgreat holidaytable tennis
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We returned from a 2 week stay this morning and I felt the need to write our review immediately. We are a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids aged from 9 months to 9 years). Zafaris exceeded our expectations, we received the warmest of welcomes from Martin and Larry and Danny who helped us carry bags to our rooms. The rooms are basic (which suited us- we didn't spend much time in them) they were spotlessly clean and the beds are large and comfortable, having a fridge was handy! The bathroom was simple but clean with plenty of soft towels, shower was powerful. The pool and facilities were all great (really big, deep pool - but with shallow kids area- kids loved it!!). Restaurant was clean and the food was good and plentiful - we especially loved the Greek food. Our kids were more than happy with the pasta dishes and desserts/ice cream on offer. Drinks were fine and branded stuff available for a mere €1! We took a few excursions and also hired a car to see the rest of the island (didn't used Thompson - found it was worth shopping around as lots of local companies offer excursions at competitive prices). Agios Steffanos, kassiopi and kerassia are beautiful. Aqua land is a great day out- kids really loved it. I'm leaving the best bit 'till last now... It was the hotel staff that made our holiday so special, I've stayed in a fair few hotels in the UK and around the world but I have never felt so well cared for and listened to. The animation team were also great and kept us all well entertained. The other guests at the hotel also made our stay a really fun one! I've read other reviews on trip advisor and can't honestly understand why some people have been so negative! There are a few ants strolling around but they are NOT a problem, the walk up from/down to the saxophone bar is not a problem, if people don't like the heat and need constant aircon then I think they should consider holidaying in the cooler months (May/June or September) or just stay in the cold & wet UK!!! Some of the hotel facilities are a little basic but you have to remember you are getting what you pay for. Zafaris represents excellent value for money!!! Thank you for an unforgettable happy happy holiday!!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank MPCWNR
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Again we would like to express our thanks for your time and support in writing this article.
It really is a boost to the staff that they know we are delivering the service that customers want.

With best regards

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here between 17-23rd May 2013 with a friend.
I can only but repeat what most people have said about the staff on here as they all seemed very friendly. The entertainment team were great and not too pushy if you want to just chill and watch. They put their heart and soul into what they were doing and Lenny surprised use by having such a beautiful singing voice. The restaurant staff are also very welcoming and the food was very nice and we particularly liked trying the traditional foods. The staff at the bars where efficient although i did think the pool bar closed too early at 6pm as i like the last part of the sun chilling with a drink (and they didn’t compromise not even by a minute as I found out one day). The drinks where ok but the mixers were not so good, the diet coke did not taste like diet and the orange tasted like sugar water not good for diabetics. My friend who doesn’t drink alcohol found the choices/quality of soft drinks a real let down. And although you can pay an extra euro for a proper diet coke the all-inclusive could have provided a better quality/range of soft drinks.

Our room was clean and basic which was fine, but the beds initially were really hard and the air conditioning was pretty useless (although I read beforehand it would not be turned on until June so maybe it was only a fan we experienced). It took 3 or 4 days to sort the topper mattress out. We were initially told by the receptionist that all hotel mattresses where hard because of the usage but I think they may have run out of toppers and had to wait until change over day before one became available as I’ve been to many hotels and this is the second hardest I’ve ever slept on! But they didn’t mind listening to our disappointment every day until they sorted it.

My friend had a massage and was very impressed with the quality of it. The very friendly lady asked all the relevant health questions which shows she knows her stuff.

The hotel itself is situated in a lovely position and feels very safe as it is reasonably small, something that I really like about the hotel. It has the added benefits of not being too far from a busy stripe of bars, shops and restaurants which takes about 10-15 minutes to walk. So the hotel would suit those with little ones, teens or young adults. There are also some bars and restaurants just outside the hotel.

There is a small beach at the back of the hotel and a long beach within minutes from that. The views from here are also fantastic and I was surprised at how warm the sea was.

We also booked a horse ride from a local excursion company (can’t remember the name but it’s on the way to the main strip over the smelly bridge on the right and has red signage and a coach outside). The guy who took us horse riding was really lovely and walked my horse as I was too scared to go it alone (my problem not his).

If you're eating out then I checked out a few meals and they came in around 5 - 8.50 euro for the average non specialised dishes. Although we intended to eat out we didn’t in the end as the food was good in the hotel and many of the restaurants were not offering traditional local dishes.

One last thing, Wi-Fi in the hotel is around the pool and restaurant. It was of a good standard and I was able to facetime easily and at times I could get it in my room which was opposite the hotspot.

Overall you will not be disappointed with this hotel as they are obviously trying really hard to make this hotel the best it can be. Yes there are some improvements needed but these will not spoil your overall experience as it is relaxed/casual, friendly, great value and a location that will suit most people. And yes i would definitely go back at some point.

Look out for Benji he really is such a lovely, good natured dog...please put updates on here if you leave a review.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank keepdennett
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Again we would like to thank the author for their feedback.
It's good to see that we were able to match the guest expectations on most points.

The drinks that we serve are under review and we have tried to improve these. However there are some budget constraints that we have to be mindful of. Which is why we offer branded soft drinks at nominal rates.

Our apologies for the delay in sorting out the mattresses.
As a general rule of thumb the majority of mattresses in Greece are semi hard to hard to prolong the life of the mattresses from the level of wear and tear their receive.

Where bookings indicate same sex couples as a hotel we always defer to single beds for the guests unless advised differently by the customer. The hotel carries a back up supply of topper mattresses adequate for the hotel.

Again our apologies for any delay in our response time to resolving this issue.

Bar times - During the high season we do open the bar for longer periods. However when the evenings are cooler this has proved not to be popular.

Thanks again for your feedback

All the best

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at Zafiris at the beginning of May. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we couldn't have asked for more from Zafiris or it's staff. Even though the hotel itself is beautiful, and the food is divine it's the staff that give this hotel it's real charm.

It's the kind of customer service you dream about - every single person on site is friendly, they remember your name and the conversations you've had, they're funny and want you to enjoy yourself, if you have any sort of problem they're happy to help and whilst you're there you feel like you've been welcomed into a big happy family. I could probably go on forever about how wonderful they all are but you probably want to know about the actual holiday itself:

The rooms were always clean, the pool is beautiful and the deep end is actually deep enough to jump in which is a novelty, the food as I've mentioned was gorgeous - especially the bbq night, there's a good range of drinks on offer and cocktails available at a reasonable price in the Saxophone bar, there's always some form of entertainment or activity on offer, more than enough sun beds to go around and if you fancy meeting the love of your life the Canal D'Amour is a very short walk away!

All in all I think this was one of the best holiday's I've ever been on and I'm already considering returning!

Thank you to everyone on site for all your hard work and for making us feel so at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank stephtin86

Thank you for your kind words. It is reassuring to know that our customer or should I say friends can see that there is a very genuine effort by everyone to give everyone the best holiday we can.

Thanks again
The Zafiris Team

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived here 20th may and although sidari is not quite my favourite place the hotel and the staff were absolutely amazing. They cannot do enough for you and are so friendly you feel right at home. It is quite a small hotel which made it feel like a small community who looked out for each other and socialised together every night. Any issues are dealt with immediately, and the grounds are beautiful. I could not believe the quality of the food for all inclusive, excellent quality meat ect. I have a son who is a fussy eater and only learned on the last night that the staff would have been more than happy to make him something off the menu which is such a shame as it meant we had to eat out a couple of nights. Special mentions to the animation team who made the holiday for us with their enthusiam and friendliness...oh and there' is a little dog who lives there called benji who everyone loves, even though Martin the manager does not like him there we found that all the guests were happy having him around!! In future I will make sure I will choose a smaller hotel like the zafaris as you cannot beat the personal touch they provide, thank you to everyone there!! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 853anony

We would like to thank you for this kind endorsement of our efforts.
It's pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable holiday and very much hope you will one day consider coming back to the Zafiris.

The Zafiris Team

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the Zafiris Hotel from 20-27 May 2013... From the minute we arrived we all loved it ! The accommodation was lovely,clean and very comfortable for how long we actually stayed in it ! The pool was fabulous - it was very clean and large so plenty room for the kids to play with their inflatables and for the adults to have a swim ! Food was lovely always hot, fresh and tasty ! (Fussy eaters amongst us so few nights we ate out) The staff at the Zafiris were amazing ! The manager Martin is very friendly and really funny, had some good chats with him over the week, Dawn from reception is extremely friendly & helpful, nothing was ever a bother for her ! the staff in the restaurant also friendly,helpful & speak very good English so had a few chats with them aswell ! the entertainment team were great especially Larry, what a lovely lad he was & great with the kids & adults too! ! Bar staff again were fab & George aka Super Mario the gardner is a character ! they all made the holiday that extra special ! And Benjie the homeless dog who has attached himself to the hotel is a little celeb in his own right ! Such a lovely pleasant dog & an added bonus to the hotel we thought ! Thanks to the Zafiris for a wonderful holiday !

Room Tip: Higher rooms seemed to have 2 floors whereas ours only had the one but we were on the bottom floor AND near the pool so not all that bad !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DEBORAH D
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

The hotel staff would like to thank you for your kind endorsement of their efforts. It really is great to hear that all the staff had such a positive impact on your holiday experience.
It was a pleasure meeting you and we very much hope that one day you will come back to us.

Wishing you all the best