“Another great holiday”
Review of Zafiris Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sidari
Zafiris Hotel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Another great holiday”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having enjoyed our stay here in May we decided to return for two weeks at the end of august when we enjoyed another wonderful break here. A few things have changed, the food is even better than before, which is saying something, and there was a weekly barbecue. The bar opening times have changed and now the pool bar is open some evenings, which suited us.
We hired a car and did a bit of exploring but other than that we just relaxed by the pool.
Many thanks to all the staff who are always friendly and helpful and also very hard working, I don't know how they manage the long hours. Looking forward to returning at some point next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Linda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here August 2012. Not as good as several years ago, before it was all inclusive I have to say, but very nice all teh same. The food was good, always lots to choose from. Sunbeds were always available around the pool, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Its not right in the centre which is nice, but close enough to have a walk to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SueJB75
North Petherton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at the Zafiris from the 21st sep to the 5th oct 2012. All of the hotel staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us.Food was exellent and various meal were cooked fresh every day,we would like to thank members of staff from the manager Martin who is a perfect gentleman to Dawn on resception,kitchen staff angela,aliki,dimitri and the chef for all there hard work and dedication for making our perfect holliday.We would also like to say please don't be put off by the negative reviews on tripadvisor, and to anyone thinking of booking this hotel we would definately recommend it,thanks to all for a fab holliday see you all soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rhino1954
Penistone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived on the 21st September for a two weeks holiday, we were three families totalling 10 people with 4 children varying from an 8 year old, toddlers to an infant. All the family was catered for superbly, rooms were clean, modern for Greece (rooms reminded me a little of the Jurys Inn in Leeds) and above expectations for a 3 star hotel in Greece (you can never be too sure of standards within Greek accommodation, this was fine). Food was varied within the restaurant with different meal choices each day. The childrens entertainment was good, with varying activities provided by first choice and the in house entertainment team. While we were there our whole family and most people in the hotel commented on the friendliness and how helpful the staff at the hotel were from the manager Martin to staff in the restuarant. Angela worked in the restaurant and was great with the children, she helped to get them seated, find a high chair as we walked in, I walked in one evening with all the kids whilst everyone else was getting ready, Angela came across helped find the kids some food whilst i sorted out our baby - this is type of service that really makes a different to your stay. The hotel was situated about ten minutes from the main area of sidari which is just about right, as its away from the main hussle and bussle, but it does have some good local bars and restuarants close by.

I would highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a good value 3 star family break with great service.

6 Thank Phillip D
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Returned on 28th September having spent a week there with my wife and nine year old son. We read the reviews on this site prior to booking and decided to book taxi transfers both ways as we didn't fancy the long coach transfers that some have mentioned on here; they're expensive at 53 euros each way but it does make for a quicker and more relaxing arrival/departure.

On arrival we were quickly shown to our large and clean room and then we went for lunch where Kostas, the owner, made a point of finding and speaking to us and wishing us a good holiday, British hoteliers take note! Throughout our stay we found all of the staff employed at the hotel to be extremely hard working, happy and helpful, they are a really great group who make every effort to ensure that people enjoy their stay.

Food is plentiful and tasty if a little repetetive, one minor criticism would be the hot and cold beverages which are all dispensed from machines, we found the fruit juices to be over diluted and very weak and the tea and coffee no more than luke warm, issues than can easily be remedied.

Positives for us included the size of the rooms, we opted for an extra room for our son and we were pleasantly suprised by the amount of space that we had. Yes, the rooms are fairly basic but you need to remember that this is effectively a two star hotel in Greece, if you want something more luxurious book a five star and pay the difference. The pool and pool bar are good and there are more than enough sun beds to not have to worry about the 5 am towel deployers.

As others have mentioned, this is the first year that this hotel have operated as an all inclusive and I guess they are still finding their feet. It is fair to say that their policy is adequate but not as "inclusive" as you may have found elsewhere, for instance, gin is available at certain times of the day but tonic is chargeable. Perhaps the all inclusive aspect will be reviewed and improved for next year.

The location is great with several sandy beaches being literally on the door step and accesible by a sea front footpath within minutes, take note, many of the lights along this footpath don't work which could be dangerous at night, I almost walked off a cliff so I'd recommend taking a torch.

As others have said, the staff at Corfiot Travel are very helpful and offer the same trips that First Choice offer at better prices but one word of advice, if you're hiring a car to take up the mountain roads don't take their Hyundai Accent automatic, I did and I can honestly say I can't think of a less suitable vehicle for this type of trip, I'd rather drive Del Boy's van!

In short, as long as you remember you are not paying five star prices you should enjoy a stay at the Zafiris, we would certainly consider staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the older building opposite reception which is close to the restaraunt and pool, I'...
7 Thank Darren E
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We would like to thank the authors for the time in writing this review.
As correctly noted this is our first season as an all incluisve and we will take on board much of what has been written on this site and feedback taken from other sources.

Whilst we can see there will always be room for improvment we feel comfortable that in 5 months we have come a long way and this is refected in the overall account of our services by the customers who have taken the time to record their views.

Plans are in place to improve the hotel for 2013 and we are looking forward to opening the doors again in May next year.

Wishing you all the best and thanking you again for your time.

With best regards
The hotel staff and management of the hotel Zafiris.
Zante
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived at Zafiris apartments on 21.09.12, we arrived at night and was greeted by the hotel receptionist (Bambi) and led to our rooms by the saxophone barman, with the curly hair... I don't know his name (Sorry!) friendly guy though. Our bags were taken to our room for us in the van, a bonus as we were well and truly knackered from our flight! At first sight, we thought the rooms were just one room... that is until you look around the door and see the stairs leading to a massive bedroom and bathroom (the downstairs was just an added bonus) (we stayed in rooms 405 and 406) we were travelling as a young couple and my partners parents in the next room to us. The rooms were of high standard and cleaned every day. The maids seem to be invisible, never saw them once however our room was cleaned everyday! They did a brill job :D all of the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful, I'd like to say a massive thanks to Natali and Raluca who made our stay so much more enjoyable! The entertainment was the right balance, if you wanted to join in then you could but you were never pestered to join in which was good but the girls are so friendly that you cannot say no to them :D we had a few nights out with the girls as well and they showed us the best places to go in the resort. The resort itself is perfect, there is literally something for everyone! one of my favourite bars to go to was adameus, I think its called this, the drinks were so strong, I could never really remember leaving there! Back to the hotel, I am a fussy eater but I always managed to find something to eat and it was really nice, better than we all expected, I expected to be eating out a lot more but we only ate out the once which was the last night but then I was a bit gutted because the local restaurants weren't serving as good food as Zafiris were. There were 2 ladies in the restaurant who always came to say hello to us and have a chat (Angela and Angaliki?) 2 blonde ladies anyway and they were really friendly and always brought me a pot of mayonnaise, they didn't have it on display and I asked for some on the 1st day and then every day after that, I didn't even have to ask! Cannot fault this hotel at all, they did have a bit of a wasp problem but I thnk this was due to the time of year and the wine grapes coming out because it wasn't just the hotel, it was all around. We are booking for next year for longer than a week! I know they are doing some improvements to the hotel over the winter but I hope they don't change it too much! It was a brilliant holiday and we all cannot wait to go back there! I hope Natali and Raluca are there next year!!! Brilliant hotel and would recommend to anyone because there literally is something for everyone! Keep up the good work! See you next year x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lukeyspence21
ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind assessment of the hotel and the service provided by the staff.
It is rewarding to see that even towards the end of the season we were able to provide you with a great holiday that left a positive impression on our customers.

Our thanks and gratitude for your time time. We very much hope that one day you will come back and see you again.

Thanks and best regards
The staff and management of the hotel Zafiris.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My Mum, Myself and 3 year old son have just returned from a week stay at the Zafaris (returned 2nd Oct) I have to say we had a wonderful holiday there, the staff were wonderful and were great with my son alway talking to him and paying him loads of attention, the area was beautiful, the food was fantastic. The kids reps were brilliant and my son loved going to the varios activities that were on. Yes maybe a little work on the apartments is needed but thats all. We would definitely go back and am thinking of returning next year. Thanks to everyone at the Zafaris for making our holiday such an enjoyable experience xx

ZafirisHotel, Owner at Zafiris Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
The staff and management would like to thank the authors for taking the time to write this review.
It great to read that you had a great hoilday and are thinking of coming to us one day. The sucess in part of the hotel is due to the customers who choose to return each year.

It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Wishing you all the very best and thank you again for your time.

All the best
The staff and management of the hotel Zafiris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Mareblue Beach Resort
#2 of 39 in Sidari
Aqualand Resort
Aqualand Resort
#2 of 4 in Agios Ioannis

Been to Zafiris Hotel? Share your experiences!