All reviewssaxophone barkids clubanimation teamwater polopool barbean bagssuper mariofirst choice repslight inclinesplit levelice creamrestaurant staffnext yearcanal d'amourall inclusive drinksgreat holidaytable tennis
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Third time back and welcomed with open arms by all, staff are all amazing and do what ever they can to help, from being met by Nicky at the bottom of the hill with big hugs and taken to our room in under 5 mins. Angela, Nicky, Demitri, Yani, Costa (master of kitchen with his steaks), barbie at reception always willing to help even if she won't let you chuck her in the pool. Even the gardeners Yanis and Mario say hello. If you want pure relaxation and to be looked after come hear. The rooms are cleaned every day by the maids. A big thank you to you all and Costa the owner for making it the best and most fun filled 2 weeks. Bring on the games next time.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank les001
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We booked this holiday last minute so were a bit worried what it would be like but the place was amazing. We arrived late at night and were met by a lovely couple who loaded our cases into a minivan and then gave us a lift through the complex to our room because my 6yr old was asleep. They settled us into the room, and made sure we knew where everything was before they left, honestly they couldn't be friendlier. Our room was amazing, we had paid an extra £22 for sea view room and it was certainly more than wrth it, our apartment was on two levels and the view from the upstairs bedroom was simply amazing, couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Everything was clean and kept that way the whole holiday, all decor was from Ikea but had been done nicely and even had a billowing sail over the bed.
In the morning we had breakfast in the hotel, prices were a bit steep but the staff were absolutely wonderful. Angela who works in the bar is just soooo friendly, took the time to talk to us every time she saw us, made time to fuss my son and introduced us to her own daughter. It was lovely every day when we passed by she stopped and asked what we had been doing, and gave us advice for anything we were thinking of doing.
Pool is gorgeous and very clean, yes there are ants at the pool side, don't put your drink down or they come over but so long as you watch where you keep your drinks they don't come near you. Best bit of the hotel was the little cliff top restaurant at sundown, looks out over the sea and the canal d'amour which is a typical greek view. Walking out from the hotel there is a little path on the top of the cliff, (don't worry there are safety rails and it is flat) and there are plenty of lovely restaurants for breakfast or dinner that are looking over the beach. We would have gone back there again this year but I believe they have gone all inclusive now which is no good for my son who has allergies.

Downsides and please don't be put off, I am just being as honest and as picky as I can be, don't go to Maria's restaurant, it is VERY expensive and food is terrible, only bad meal we had there. The walk along the beach to sidari is nice but Sidari itself is a bit too busy if you like a quiet holiday, while canal d'amour has a few shops, restaurants, ice cream and cocktail bars when you go out to sidari it is typical brits abroad strip, bars, restaurant touts, tacky shops and LOTS of British people. Don't walk the roads to Sidari, the stream under the bridge stinks, I have a strong stomach (used to work as a nurse) but the small made me retch, there was a hotel right next to it and honestly I would not have stayed near that stench if you paid me. Beach is beautiful next to Zafiris (there are some wooden steps going down to it so not good if you have probs with steps but manageable for everyone else) once a week though in August there was a coach trip that descended on the beach, 3 coach loads of slovakian teens all launched noisily into the water with no care for the families that were on the beach while they were so drunk they had to be dragged out of the water when they passed out. They only stay for an hour though so if they are there when you are just go elsewhere for a bit and come back later.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view room, they are far superior rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank lynsey g
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Me and my boyfriend are both 22 years old and stayed at the Zafiris in Sidari at the begining of October. After reading all the other reviews on the website i was quite nervous about staying at the Zafiris. I booked two weeks in Sidari through a late deal at Thomson. We took a coach transfer which took about 2 and a half hours and when we got there the staff were so welcoming and they were through the whole trip. When we got there we had a studio which we weren't keen on so they upgraded us to a one bedroom apartment free of charge! the apartments were kept clean and we had no problem with ours, however when we saw the hotel in the pictures it looked beautiful and we know pictures always exaggerate but the pictures of this hotel were more than exagerated!Its a bit rough around the edges and there was dogs and cats everywere and you couldn't eat in piece as they were roaming everywere.The hotel food and drinks are also very overpriced and not that good, the entertainment isnt that good either. The hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the strip and there are lots of good restraurants and themed nights, we suggest going to a greek night at the Sea Breeze restaurant or to lady gaga night. Sidari itself is beautiful, however when packing i would bring warm clothes aswell as beach clothes as we had a lot of rain/storms and good sunny weather. I wouldn't book any excursions with Thomson as on the strip there are lots of little agents doing the same excursions at half the price, we went on lots of cruises like corfu town and beach bbq's which made our holiday as we got to explore corfu and we also reccomend renting a car when you arrive, we booked all our excurions and rented a car from Vlaseros Travel and they gave use great deals and prices, we rented a car for 20 euros a day! and its easy driving around as there is signs every 2 seconds saying were you are. overall i wouldnt reccomend the Zafiris but i would reccomend Sidari !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank racab
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here at the beginning of September and it was amazing! The staff at the hotel were friendly, our room was massive, and the pool was nice. I was a bit worried about there being loads of kids running around but it was nice and quiet at the time we went. Really nice views from the pool bar. The main strip in Sidari is a bit tacky but the restaurants nearest to the hotel are the best. We loved La Strata and the first chinese you come to when you turn left after the bridge... can't remember the name but it was soooooo good. The food prices were fairly reasonable at all the restaurants. We also went on the 'paradise beach' boat trip.... the sea was nice and the beach was lovely however it was swarming with wasps and I couldn't even eat my BBQ food without being attacked :( so don't go on it if you don't like wasps.

All in all it was a really good holiday, wish we could go back! Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie111111
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Can't fault anything with this hotel or the people. Great management and staff. Every body locally even friendly. Would like to thank everybody who works there for helping me make my girlfriend holiday a special one. Many thanks to yiannnis and also costas for helping me with my proposal. We will defo be back.

• Stayed: September 2011