All reviews saxophone bar kids club animation team water polo pool bar bean bags super mario first choice rep slight incline split level ice cream restaurant staff all inclusive drinks next year canal d'amour great holiday table tennis
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We are a family of 4 - 2 boys ages 7 and 9. we stopped here 31st may- 13th June 2011. We have booked a room with pool and sea view and had one of the rooms in block 5 which was split level. The room surpassed my expectations. It was roomy and very clean and well equipped by Greek standards for self catering although we only ever had breakfast in the room. it was nicely decorated and I imagine has been recently refurbished. the grounds are lovely and clean and immaculately kept. the staff go out of their way to help you have a good holiday. The location of the hotel is in my opinion one of the nicest in the area.
Sidari itself is ok- a bit tired and run down but we travelled around the Island a bit and some of the comparable resorts were the same- a sign of the times proberbly. the resort was also a lot quieter than I was expcecting but this suited our family.
as zafiris will be all inclusive from 2012 I doubt we will return as I prefer freedom of choice to roam and eat at lots different places. I would return to Corfu as it is overall a beautiful island and the people are fantastic. there are lots of different places to go, things to do and see, but maybe in a few years and possibly a different resort, we don't tend to be repeat visitors as the world is too big and there are too many new places to explore in our opinion.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank noodle72
Reviewed June 5, 2011

me, my mum and brother , aunty, uncle, cousin, and family friends took a trip here.
the arrival was amazing, we were first welcomed by our aunty who had been here a week before me my mum brother and cousin came, then we were welcomed by niki which i must say is a real gentleman- where he took our suitcases, to our apartment which was lovely and clean.
when we arrived we had un packed our things, then straight out to get our groceries then coming back to the amazing pool with a live bar with music and refreshing drinks served by demitris. throughtout the holiday we got to know staff, who were really helpful and flexible.
the best part of the holiday was my birthday wich was the 2nd day of the holiday, where i had gone to the saxophone bar were i had delicious food and drinks. But when i looked up, i realised nikki bringing me this amazing cake which had sparkles coming from it, the taste of the cake was out of this world.
apart form my birthday the holiday was amazing, and everyone were friendly as well as very adviseful.... but i look forward to moving here in the future, but getting to know more about this place first....... this was a holiday it remeber its made me want to do travel & tourism..... so that must be saying something in its self x
x

Room Tip: try and get a room on the bottom floor as its easy
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We have just returned from the zafiris in may 2011. The staff, especially nicky, Angela and dimitri were fantastic with me and my partner (27 & 28) and my young son (9) we were made to feel welcome from our arrival.
We upgraded our room to a 2 bedroom so we had a modern apartment with excellent views of the pool and albania in the distance.
The apartment was cleaned everyday except Sunday and towels and sheets changed every other day.
The food from the pool bar was nice and the drinks reasonable.
The apartments are based in canal d'amour which is about a 10 minute walk from disarm main strip which in our opinion was better as sidari main strip is slightly tacky. The street in canal d'amour had some lovely restaurants, especially koniki taverna and el strata Italian which we ate at twice.
sunset restaurant in sidari is also lovely, ran by a lovely lady from Newcastle (where we are from) with a kids menu that tasted like home and the local menu for adults was lovely!
The weather was slightly disappointing for a couple of days but it was expected with us being there very early in the season.
Although I wouldn't return if it was just me and my partner I would however go back with kids.
Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Zk19
Reviewed May 17, 2011

the staff at Zafiris hotel was great and very helpful.thay will give you the best info for sightseeing and shopping.the best pub to goto for us was the saxophone were alan and helen made you feel very welcome.and so did all the staff.

Room Tip: as far as we know all the rooms are good ones
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcb50
Reviewed February 21, 2011

loved my stay here and will definatly be going again, when we arrived nicky came to meet us and help us with our suitcases, our room was a ground floor studio and was basic but very clean and comfortable, all the staff were friendly and helpful, we reported a door handle that was ok but hard to lock and within an hour it was fixed,the pool food was really good we ate here most days, the greek night was fun and good value at 15 euros with evening entertainment, jug of wine and georgous 3 course meal, cant wait to go back this year,however i will be taking lots of mosquito repellent .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple