“Are We Just Unlucky.?”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I struggle to believe some of the reviews on this restaurant unless we were just completely unlucky. My starter was two small courgette flans which were decent apart from the fact that the pastry was burnt while my wife's fig/cheese dish was good. For main course my wife had fish (sole I believe) which was drowning in a very strange orange sauce and appeared to have been boiled, it really was an odd consistency. It tasted worse than it looked and she left at least half of it - the waitress embarrassedly took it away without even asking if there was a problem. I went for their dish of the day, a really odd chicken curry - I know that even sounds a bad move in Greece but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and expected something with a twist. It was bland and badly thought through, a massive fail from me.

The restaurant did remove the cost of my flans and does have a brilliant position on the harbour with great views but I felt that they almost thought this was enough. I also feel that their chef doesn't really understand flavours and how they react together, we were served things that patently don't "go".

It won't bother everyone but they don't provide wifi either, one of the only, if not THE only place we visited in Kassiopi that didn't and that includes small cafes.

There are newer reviews for Kima Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Top food and in a really great location.Price wise a tab expensive but still we thought it was worth it.We will return next year.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellent food, good service and views, and very reasonable. We ate three days running after the first visit. Complimentary deserts were a bonus. Loved it.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

A great place to eat fresh fish and seafood in Kassiopi! Try to go their in the evening, for dinner as they have a beautiful balcony and it's just next to the sea so the atmosphere is really great (especially for couples). The place was in our neighborhood during our vacation in Kassiopi and we returned to this restaurant several times, always trying out different dishes (some dishes had very specific flavor combinations) and adored it every time!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had two times dinner at the Kima; food was very fresh and very well presented. Both nights the service was lovely, the staff enjoy our visit and we feel that we make new friends. I can't forget the shrimps...the best I've ever try!!!