“Another amazing stay!!”
Review of Philippos Hotel

and 1 more site!
Philippos Hotel
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our 3rd visit, and its as good as ever!! Rooms are a good size, which are well equipped and are really clean, and the cleaners visited every other day. The apartments are less than 5 mins off the main road, so benefits from the quite but are really central. The pool area is also excellent, huge, and is spotless too! My only minor niggle is the beds are hard!!! Thanks Spiros and the team, we'll be back

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank catchthatrabbit

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have just returned from a 9 night stay at the Philippos Hotel with my 7 year old twins and Mum. I chose these apartments having read the reviews on Trip Advisor and am glad I decided not to allow myself to be put off about the non-salinated water as this problem seems to have been solved. Our stay ended up as 9 nights as it was cheaper to fly out and back with Easyjet on different days and as I booked directly with Spiros, he was happy to let me book this slightly unusual number of nights. It really is worth booking direct.

To summarise, the plus points were:

- great location, 5 minute walk to nearest supermarket, 10 minutes to nearest (though not best) beach, 20 minutes to best beach, 15 minutes to harbour and lovely restaurants but there are restaurants within 3-5 minute walk from apartments
- the 2 bed apartment had 2 spacious twin rooms, huge balcony with comfortable wicker furniture as well as large plastic table and 4 chairs
- lovely pool with more shallow children's pool at end
- good number of sunbeds
- Spiros was extremely helpful, both before we arrived (booking private transfers for me) and during our stay - extra pillows provided very quickly
- efficient aircon at no extra cost - I really think this is a big bonus

I promised Spiros I would write a balanced review as that is what I want when I read the reviews, so here are a few slightly negative points:

- bathroom was tiny, though shower was a good size and had a curtain which isn't always the case in Greece
- our sheets weren't changed at all during our stay though our pillowcases were about half way through, apartment cleaned approx every 2 days
- beds were quite hard but again, I expect this in Greece and used one of the blankets under my bottom sheet
- we always go SC but rarely intend to use the facilities other than the most basic - I did however want to heat some beans for my kids and the hob didn't really heat sufficiently to do this
- we didn't find one of the barmen to be particularly friendly or helpful and we didn't especially enjoy the food from the bar, though the cooked breakfasts looked good

Kassiopi itself is a truly gorgeous resort, not too built up with the beautiful harbour within easy walking distance of the hotel. Bataria beach is well worth the walk, it is exactly how I imagine an idyllic Greek beach to be - inviting clear turquoise water with white pebbles, safe bathing for children and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas (approx Euro 7.50 for 2 beds and an umbrella) - go to the harbour and turn up towards your left and follow the road round.

Our favourite restaurants were Janis (probably best to book as very popular), Petrinos (on the harbour, absolutely lovely food and great service, very popular), Don's Bar (just round the corner from the apartments, very friendly owner and great food) and the beach bar at Kassiopi beach does a great selection of cooked breakfasts. And if you want to indulge in a lovely milkshake or ice cream (as my kids enjoyed doing), Jasmines is great. Many restaurants are shut by 2pm and open again at 6pm so if like us you have a very late lunch watch out!

We got a private taxi transfer which cost Euros 55 and took approx 45 minutes. Lovely drivers and quality Mercedez cars, both dot on time and booked by Spiros for us. I've been to Corfu before and stayed in Arillas which had a 2.5 hour transfer time so decided to pay the extra for the private taxi and am very glad I did.

Most of the bars have free wi-fi, just ask for their passcode. As a complete Facebook addict this was heaven for me, there is also free wi-fi at the apartments with a pretty good strong signal, though it did occasionally drop out.

Overall I would highly recommend these apartments - they offered a great base for us and we had a wonderful and memorable holiday - Kassiopi really is a lovely resort. Plenty of boat trips (we did the East Coast one, cost Euro 15, left at 10am, back at 4pm) available and the opportunity of scuba diving and horse riding. I wouldn't say it is suited to young couples looking for lots of nightlife but there did seem to be a good number of bars. 85% of people there English, 10% Italian and the rest a mix. Mostly couples and families.

I hope this review gives a really balanced view of both the resort and the apartments, overall I would highly recommend it, we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: We were in Room 605 which was a 1st floor apartment and did NOT overlook the pool so was perhaps a l...
9  Thank NickiTW
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from another great holiday in Kassiopi and our third stay in these apartments. We have stayed in a lot of the accommodation in the village over the years and Philippos are among the best. They are in a great location a couple of minutes walk from the main street to the square and down to the harbour. The apartments are set in nice gardens with a lovely pool and the complex is well maintained and clean. We had a surprisingly large studio overlooking the pool with a pleasant,sunny balcony. The free aircon and plasma screen tv for world news channels were an added bonus we didn't expect (new additions since our last stay there). Staff are all pleasant and friendly and the presence of a security guard on the grounds during the night is reassuring, (although in the many years we have visited this quiet, friendly village we have never had any trouble!) The one downside to the complex for us was, although there are a lot of sunbeds, you had to be up early to grab one, I counted 44 with towels on by half past eight one morning!! It was peak season and the complex was full, so it may not always be like that. At a rate of 40 euro a night I would defiantly return to the Philippos again, well worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen L
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I returned last week after a two week holiday to Kassiopi
It was a last minute holiday choice (with T/A help), we booked the week before and really dropped lucky.
We found Philippos apartments to be clean, and well run. The rooms were fine, with regular cleaning and linen changes. The air con (free) made the rooms nice and cool for sleeping, and the wifi (also free) means you can keep in touch with friends, find information about Kassiopi etc.
Spiros, Jenny and the staff were all very helpful and friendly, and the lad at the bar serves a mean Stroh rum! (sorry I cant remember, his name ..I think It was Stavros..(well he kept giving me the Stroh what do you expect.lol)
No kids activities, but the lovely, clean pool kept them happy all day long.
The apartments are just a short walk from the main street, where a variety of shops, restaurants and bars can be found, including a very nice bakery.
The harbour is fantastic and we spent a lot of time down there, just chilling, and watching the world go round.
You can hire a motorboat for the day for around 70 euros + fuel, and I would definitely recommend doing this, as you can explore the east coast at your leisure, stopping In small bays snorkelling, dropping in on the various harbours for a bite to eat.
All in all, a perfect base for a fantastic holiday in corfu.
We will definitely be returning to Philippos. Highly recommended.
Ps
Just one ever so tiny, tiny prob, which I joked about with Spiros...GET SOME softer matresses. LOL.
Best wishes Spiros and co, and on the next visit I expect to see a Moto Guzzi by the pool table!

2  Thank Steve E
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were greeted by the owner Spiros towards midnight and shown to our apartment which was very clean and comfortable. On depositing our luggage we could not resist some refreshment at the bar which was still open and, by the way is never noisy at night.
The pool is fabulous and looks amazing at night with its multi coloured lights. Snacks and light meals are very good and very reasonably priced. A large Greek salad with fresh bread at 5 Euros
is cheap !
As mentioned previously Spiros is always on hand to help out and I do believe that he has never heard of the word "no". The rooms are more than adequate and I disagree with comments such as basic. We managed to make some nice meals in the kitchen area, go rent a villa at 5 x the price if you want to prepare cordon bleu cuisine. With temperatures reaching 36* the air con in both bedrooms was invaluable and is provided free.
Location was good in amongst the olive trees and a pleasant walk into town.
We were a family of four and met some lovely, like minded people who all thought of Philippos as a hidden gem. Spiros and his staff work tirelessly to make everyone's stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Apartment 510 was in a great position as its balcony overlooks the pool and snackbar. The pool looks...
4  Thank mistajimbo
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just had 10 nights stay here after seeing a review on TA. Nice clean rooms and a good sized well maintained swimming pool. Only a 5 minute stroll down to the bars/ beach.Just perfect, would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday, it was brilliant! Spiros and Jenny were lovely, the rooms are nice, Greece is basic and I have stayed at a few different places in kassiopi and this is by far the best, the room had a plasma tv not that I watched it, air con is free, the bar is open till midnight and the food and drinks are to a very high standard there and priced fairly, I had a 1 bed apartment overlooking the pool on the 2nd floor (424) It comfortably fit me and my husband and 2 girls as it had 4 beds. I would highly recommend here for a family holiday, I have already booked up for next year!

Room Tip: 424 is the best room in my opinion as it had a lovely pool view and high ceilings as the top floor
1  Thank 666hay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kassiopi
Melina Bay Hotel
Fatiras Studios
Fatiras Studios
#7 of 40 in Kassiopi
Solaris Kassiopi Apartment

Been to Philippos Hotel? Share your experiences!