“Great location and good value for money”
Review of Philippos Hotel

Philippos Hotel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great location and good value for money”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from another great holiday in Kassiopi and our third stay in these apartments. We have stayed in a lot of the accommodation in the village over the years and Philippos are among the best. They are in a great location a couple of minutes walk from the main street to the square and down to the harbour. The apartments are set in nice gardens with a lovely pool and the complex is well maintained and clean. We had a surprisingly large studio overlooking the pool with a pleasant,sunny balcony. The free aircon and plasma screen tv for world news channels were an added bonus we didn't expect (new additions since our last stay there). Staff are all pleasant and friendly and the presence of a security guard on the grounds during the night is reassuring, (although in the many years we have visited this quiet, friendly village we have never had any trouble!) The one downside to the complex for us was, although there are a lot of sunbeds, you had to be up early to grab one, I counted 44 with towels on by half past eight one morning!! It was peak season and the complex was full, so it may not always be like that. At a rate of 40 euro a night I would defiantly return to the Philippos again, well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
skipton
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I returned last week after a two week holiday to Kassiopi
It was a last minute holiday choice (with T/A help), we booked the week before and really dropped lucky.
We found Philippos apartments to be clean, and well run. The rooms were fine, with regular cleaning and linen changes. The air con (free) made the rooms nice and cool for sleeping, and the wifi (also free) means you can keep in touch with friends, find information about Kassiopi etc.
Spiros, Jenny and the staff were all very helpful and friendly, and the lad at the bar serves a mean Stroh rum! (sorry I cant remember, his name ..I think It was Stavros..(well he kept giving me the Stroh what do you expect.lol)
No kids activities, but the lovely, clean pool kept them happy all day long.
The apartments are just a short walk from the main street, where a variety of shops, restaurants and bars can be found, including a very nice bakery.
The harbour is fantastic and we spent a lot of time down there, just chilling, and watching the world go round.
You can hire a motorboat for the day for around 70 euros + fuel, and I would definitely recommend doing this, as you can explore the east coast at your leisure, stopping In small bays snorkelling, dropping in on the various harbours for a bite to eat.
All in all, a perfect base for a fantastic holiday in corfu.
We will definitely be returning to Philippos. Highly recommended.
Ps
Just one ever so tiny, tiny prob, which I joked about with Spiros...GET SOME softer matresses. LOL.
Best wishes Spiros and co, and on the next visit I expect to see a Moto Guzzi by the pool table!

2 Thank Steve E
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were greeted by the owner Spiros towards midnight and shown to our apartment which was very clean and comfortable. On depositing our luggage we could not resist some refreshment at the bar which was still open and, by the way is never noisy at night.
The pool is fabulous and looks amazing at night with its multi coloured lights. Snacks and light meals are very good and very reasonably priced. A large Greek salad with fresh bread at 5 Euros
is cheap !
As mentioned previously Spiros is always on hand to help out and I do believe that he has never heard of the word "no". The rooms are more than adequate and I disagree with comments such as basic. We managed to make some nice meals in the kitchen area, go rent a villa at 5 x the price if you want to prepare cordon bleu cuisine. With temperatures reaching 36* the air con in both bedrooms was invaluable and is provided free.
Location was good in amongst the olive trees and a pleasant walk into town.
We were a family of four and met some lovely, like minded people who all thought of Philippos as a hidden gem. Spiros and his staff work tirelessly to make everyone's stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Apartment 510 was in a great position as its balcony overlooks the pool and snackbar. The pool looks...
4 Thank mistajimbo
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just had 10 nights stay here after seeing a review on TA. Nice clean rooms and a good sized well maintained swimming pool. Only a 5 minute stroll down to the bars/ beach.Just perfect, would definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
northumberland
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday, it was brilliant! Spiros and Jenny were lovely, the rooms are nice, Greece is basic and I have stayed at a few different places in kassiopi and this is by far the best, the room had a plasma tv not that I watched it, air con is free, the bar is open till midnight and the food and drinks are to a very high standard there and priced fairly, I had a 1 bed apartment overlooking the pool on the 2nd floor (424) It comfortably fit me and my husband and 2 girls as it had 4 beds. I would highly recommend here for a family holiday, I have already booked up for next year!

Room Tip: 424 is the best room in my opinion as it had a lovely pool view and high ceilings as the top floor
1 Thank 666hay
northumberland
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just returned from spending a few days here with my family. It is really a lovely family friendly complex and is run and managed by the lovely Spiros.

I have read other reviews mentioning " Basic" accommodation etc! How absolutely ridiculous!!
I myself run a 5 Star Gold B&B in the UK, and when my husband and I ravel together we normally splash out and pay for luxury.

This complex however is geared towards families offering a good standard of accommodation and facilities for the price. 40 euros per night ( and people want more luxury)??? If you want luxury, then you have to pay for it!!

Having said that, this place is just lovely and comfortable and ideal for lazy days by the pool with young children. I personally wouldn't want to take wet, excited, oiled up children to 5 star luxury!

This place is just lovely and the tuna salad is amazing!!

See you next year Spiros and I am so impressed I am bringing my husband next time!!

Best wishes
Claire. x

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just back from a week's holiday at Hotel Philippos. Spotlessly clean apartment with very effective free Air Con and free wi fi. Towels changed and bins emptied a couple of times during the week. Pool is lovely. Spent most mornings by the pool relaxing and could always get a sunbed, although as with many other places, there are always some people who must set their alarm to make sure they get their towels on the best ones! The pool bar is very reasonable and the service is excellent. Great location. About 5 mins walk to the shops and a wide selection of tavernas. Dined at a different one every night. All good with plenty of choice. Some a bit too 'English', but plenty of Greek choices at others. Our favourite was Petrinos by the harbour. 10 mins walk to the harbour where we hired a boat for the day. The beaches are about a 20 min walk. All pebbly, but plenty of sunbeds although about €2 each. Great beaches for snorkelling. Swam with loads of fish!
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Philippos and Kassiopi for a great family holiday. Must also say a huge thank you to the cleaning lady who ran after us as we were about to leave to give me my iPhone that I had left behind. That's what I call excellent, honest and dedicated staff. Thanks for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank PR2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kassiopi
Melina Bay Hotel
Donna Amalia Apartments
Donna Amalia Apartments
#6 of 39 in Kassiopi
Solaris Kassiopi Apartment

Been to Philippos Hotel? Share your experiences!