“Fabulous Frosini Gardens”

Ranked #1 of 6 Kassiopi B&B and Inns
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Frosini Gardens”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Been meaning to write a review for ages, I stayed here last September with my boyfriend for 2 weeks. We had double bedroom with a balcony and all that is needed in terms of appliances. The room was cleaned every day and the bed linen changed, the room is basic but all you require in such a lovely location and with such a fabulous pool. The owners George and his dad had recently taken it over and were really welcoming and down to earth. The pool is lovely and the pool bar is open during the day and evening. They sell food and drinks which makes the pool a lovely atmosphere. Georges cocktails are a Must! Perfect place to have a drink before heading out for dinner. Could not fault the service or atmosphere at Frosini Gardens!! The village is lovely especially the harbor, with several lovely taverns around it and a short walk around to the left of the harbor is a lovely tranquil beach. Just perfect! Really enjoyed our stay at Frosini Gardens such a beautiful place and the owners made it a very relaxing fun break! Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Helen C
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks Helen for your kind words. It was a great pleasure meating you and Sion. I still remember (and i think i will always remember) the cocktail night...Lots of fun that night!!! I am very pleased that you really enjoyed your holidays here in Frosini and Kassiopi and i wish you visit again in the near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
stockport
Reviewed January 28, 2013

remember it going back to the mid 80's and what an improvement its clean and airy and the son just cant do enough for you always high on the list of places to visit but feel with some good food could do more, saying that a very plesent atmostphere and surrounds get good food and you have crcked it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kassiopi69
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We continuously trying to improve our services to you and all comments/suggestions are appreciated. Hope to seeing you again real soon.

Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

we stayed at the Frosini Gardens at the end of june 12, had a great time. George and his dad made us really welcome. I will defo be going back to stay there again,so George get them cocktails ready.Pool area was great as too the bar, Kostas greek salads were fab,we have been to kassiopi many times and stayed in different places so we knew the location. george has made some really great improvements since he took over.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sue F
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your time to write a review for our hotel. I am really happy that you have been satisfied from our services. I hope next time you are back Sue, you will like it even more. Do not be afraid. I will have the cocktails ready for you.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have meant to write a review for some time but for numerous reasons i have not been able to do so, it was one of my New Year must tick off my list items .. here goes ..

I am going to give my honest review here and it does contain 'niggles' , i appreciate it's the first to do so, but having mixed feelings can be expected with an honest opinion as far as im concerned.
George and his father are decent enough chaps but George comes from background of selling high end cars, he recently changed his career path so is very new to the tourist industry and for me it shows. There appears to be a ‘click’ thing going on or if that’s not the case it must be something to do with guests being judged like the proverbial cover of a book. Some people seem to ‘fit’ and George will go all out on the guest service level and friendship front and others that don’t appear to fit the mould don’t enjoy the same ‘long lost family treatment’. That’s my personal opinion albeit a very subjective one I suppose.

Back to the hotel, i have begin by saying we didnt pay for fortune for this holiday but arrived with high hopes, our first impression as soon as we arrived was that it seems to be missing a woman’s touch and class in many areas. Our room was a decent size, but the air-con was located high level in the open kitchenette area adjacent to the wall mounted cupboards, so the only cool air was circulated in the kitchen come seating dining area, come additional sleeping area which could only sleep two people. The bedroom could not benefit at all from it’s cooling objective so for the entire week I did not enjoy a comfortable nights sleep, I didn’t complain as I knew nothing could be done about it, but on reflection a complaint may have provided a reduction in the 56 euro charge which would may provided a little consolation on reflection. The kitchen area and utensils were reasonably clean but there were areas when some attention to detail on the cleanliness front would have been welcomed, there was quite a lot of grease / food stains on the marble floor adjacent the cooker, which was pretty unsightly. The fridge door and/or seals were damaged to the extent it could not be closed fully, which obviously affected it’s cooling efficiency. The bathroom hairdryer was broken therefore unusable, possibly? unsafe at worse and the extraction fan was faultyso also did not work
As far as im concerned the pool bar in terms of the variety of the menu, snacks and drinks, cocktails etc is very much work in progress, having a spent a week in Kefalonia and enjoying pool side BBQ’s and a huge variety of delicious snacks we were very disappointed. The pool on the other hand was our highlight, and I salute you George for it, we spent many a glorious hour splashing and having fun, absolutely first class. However the downside again, Frosini “Gardens”, is a bit of a misnomer, the surrounds to the pool are pretty dire to say the least, and we were quite saddened by the outlook, unkempt, messy and overall pretty dire apart from one or two really pretty blossoming trees/bushes. Someone with green fingers who loves to cook and entertain Al Fresco / Likes BBQ’s is needed ASAP and could turn place around into something very special for its guests!!
I also have to mention George when I asked you for some ice cold bottles of water from your pool side fridge the look you gave me and your response about purchasing the warm ones and taking to our room (door to Fridge would not close /seals gaping open by the way) early days of our holiday said a lot to me. But to cap that, having a flight early hours of the following morning and having to vacate our room early the previous day to be told my daughter and wife could bathe under the exposed poolside (crappy!) shower was absolutely astonishing, I still cant believe you meant that…
Last thing, there appears to be many, many rules, don’t know if this is a result in working in a car showroom, almost, but not quite like a boot camp, signs about drink and food, signs for non residents about using the pool, signs about the pool not open until 10am! Sorry George this is a draconian idea, 10am? Come on and yet you told me Italians were running a muck earlier in the season, think we were easy targets perhaps? …

We did love kassiopi , the place, people and food and cant wait to return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank storeyarmer
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review, even if so many months have passed. All quests should share their reviews about a place or a hotel, no matter if they write good or bad things. Every review is of big value for us, so we can learn our guests needs and try to satisfy them more.

As you wrote, i m pretty new to this business (although i dont understand what my background has to do with anything). In evere kind of business mistakes happen all the time. Also no matter how hard you are trying you cant satisfy everyone. I dont like it but thats life. I think that we treat every guest the same and we dont divide them into groups of ones that "fit" and ones that dont "fit". I am really sorry if you felt that way, but im confident that we showed to you the same level of politeness and friendliness, that we show to everyone else.

As for the apartment, first im really surprised becuase its the first time someone complained about the cleaningness of the apartment! However i cannot object to your words, because i understand that the maids are people and some times in the rush of the job, can overlook some things. Since i havent heard any other negative things about the cleaning, i believe that was the case with you. The a/c in the apartments is the big 12000BTU unit and not the standard 7000 ot 8000 that are usually used in the hotels. And its located in the middle of the apartment to cover all the rooms. Are you sure you kept the windows closed at all times? Because if you didnt, then the a/c is of no use. The units are being checked regularly and work normal. As for the design of the apartments, we only took over one month before last season started and we didnt make any changed. I think the rooms are quite good and spacious (of course not perfect), but we are gonna try to update them as with everything else (bar, gardens etc) in the years to come (Money dont fall from the sky!!!) Take notice that the hotel was abandoned in the last years from the previous management, and we improved it quite a bit, and we will update it even more.

As you know i dont make the flight schedules, so i am not responsible if your check out is in the morning and the flight is in the night. I know its very uncomfortable and stressfull. Due to the booking schedule, many times it is not possible to give you a late check out form the aparments, so im tryng to give you a place to have a shower and change as everyone else. I dont understand your query about that.

Last about the rules you refer to, this is a business as everything else and have some basic rules.
I am really sorry if you didnt enjoy your holidays here as much as you wanted, but if you had some needs or complaints you should have told them then so i could do something about it (if anything could be done). It would be better for you and us aswell.

I hope you will return again to the beautiful Kassiopi.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My sister Katy and I stayed at Frosini Gardens for the last week in August 2012 and had a marvellous time. The best feature is the pool area, which is very spacious, never became crowded, and is well supplied with sun loungers and parasols supplemented by natural shade from almond, olive and pear trees, with hibiscus and rose bushes for decoration! The pool itself is large and deep and kept very clean. No need to go out for lunch, with Mr Costas and George providing five star Greek salads and toasted sandwiches!

Nothing was too much for George and Mr Costas, from greeting us with a welcoming liqueur and bottles of water to advising us on good restaurants and beaches. They were always available to help and the whole place was run very smoothly. The maids were friendly, thorough and efficient. The apartment was well laid-out and equipped. And it really is only 5 minutes walk down to the beach - and the beach is delightful!

We highly recommend Frosini Gardens, and look forward to returning. Kassiopi itself is a pleasant place to stay, with several different beaches and many good restaurants.

Room Tip: We preferred to overlook the pool as it was quieter, and had a lovely mountain view. However, the s...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Stella240590
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your sister. Its nice to hear that you had a good time here. Looking forward to your next visit.

Regards

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a week at Frosini Gardens and we have had a great time.
The owners have just taken over the hotel this year and are realy making a difference and have plans for further improvements for next season
The location is excelent for the tavernas and the centre of the town all being just a few minutes walk away.
The sea again is only 2 minutes walk
The pool is large with plenty of beds to lounge on set in nice gardens
The owners were very helpful and attentive
We will certainly consider staying there again next year

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank loveydoveyx
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your nice review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Hopefully by the next time you visit us, our services will be even better.

Regards

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

As many others have said, Frosini offers very spacious, well-proportioned, split-level apartments. The beds were comfy, as were the two sofas - wide enough to sleep on; there was plenty of storage space and loads of hangers in each of the double wardrobes. Should you choose to eat in your apartment, there is a proper cooker, plenty of utensils, and a large fridge/freezer. The bathroom was fine, with a really good hairdryer on the wall. Although there were only two of us, four people would not have felt cramped.

Unlike most other places I've stayed, the pool is huge - one you can really swim in, rather than merely being a plunge pool to cool off in. There's a large lounge with a TV, pool table and substantial book exchange.

There were a few noisy dogs on the outskirts of Kassiopi (an inconvenience for all the neighbours, not just Frosini) but once George offered to move us to an apartment at the front of the hotel block, my partner slept soundly.

The father and son team are great hosts, welcoming and saying farewell to each guest personally. Georgios does fab cheese & ham toasties and frappes for breakfast, and Kostas makes a mean Greek salad for lunch. We enjoyed nightcaps at the well-stocked bar, chatting to other guests over several evenings, and I have to say their prices for drinks and snacks are very reasonable.

Frosini is a great place to stay, and Georgios has lots of ideas to develop it next year. I'd be happy to recommend it to anyone. Yassas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jen2Lions
Georgios_Kar, Manager at Frosini Gardens, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you Jen for your nice review and for the time you spend in writing it! A very hard first season come to an end, but i enjoyed most of it! Now it is time for rest and to see what things could we improve for next season. Hope to see to you again.

George
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kassiopi
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
#10 of 10 in Kassiopi
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Frosini Gardens? Share your experiences!