“Great food and great sunsets”

Firefly Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Hope Town
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our group of six was staying at the Seaspray Marina and decided to go for dinner one night. The Firefly was recommended to us because of the spectacular location with great views and fabulous sunsets. The restaurant arranged pick-up and drop-off from the marina since we didn't have our own transportation.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was casual and very pleasant. It was too windy to sit on the outdoor patio that night but we still had a great view from our table inside. Several of us tried the fish of the day, which happened to be Mahi. It was cooked to perfection and very flavourful. The lobster quesadilla was delicious but a very large portion. Likewise, we all ended up taking home doggy bags for the appetizers (which were very large portions).

Everyone in our group enjoyed their dinner and would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is about our third year to visit Firefly for dinner and our 10th year to Hope Town. The lawyer in the kitchen is amazing with food. We advise that he stay away from law and keep going with food. The apps of lobster and conch fritters, crab dip and fish cakes were excellent. My veal chop, be it a bit pricey at $45, was one of the best I have had. Served with gratin potatoes and asparagus that were an excellent accompaniment and the butter sauce was superb. You will not find better food in Hope Town.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great setting overlooking the bay, a barman that could actually make a cocktail and some of the best food and service we had on our trip around the Abacos where we found the standard of food generally very average.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great views and excellent food. Not so easy to get to as it is out of town but worth the trip. Has some really different and delicious menu items.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at Firefly Resort for a long weekend with friends and had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you'll easily lose track of time. The staff at the resort were great (ask for Erika) and she'll help you coordinate your stay from arrival to departure. They willingly provide advice and assistance w/transportation, booking boat charters, meal recommendations and just about anything you can think of which you may need to make your stay enjoyable and hassle free. The restaurant at Firefly is the best on Hopetown (in my opinion) shout out to Chef Gavin! (your lobster can only be described as melt in your mouth good, as was the classic burger) The villa was very nice (I stayed in Georgia Peach), there's quite a nice oceanview from the porch. There's only one drawback to the resort in my opinion - the wifi service was intermittent. I guess if you're on vaca we should "power down" but that would be the only negative of my visit. I'll certainly return to Firefly and highly recommend it to others.