“Fun Day with Cap'n Keith at Dive Abaco!”
Review of Dive Abaco!

Dive Abaco!
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DIVE ABACO! Bahamas... an island tradition since 1979 serving Great Abaco (Marsh Harbour, Treasure Cay, Winding Bay, Cherokee & Casuarina, etc) along with the offshore Cays (Man O War, Guana, Scotland, Elbow/Hope Town, Lubber's Qtrs & Tilloo). Experience Abaco with those of us who know it best. Our reservation office is available to answer questions and assist in planning the perfect get-away. We will even create a dive/snorkel package to include accommodations. DIVE ABACO! is a full service dive operation specializing in small groups & personalized service; SCUBA & snorkeling trips; underwater photos; resort/discover dive lessons; PADI & NAUI SCUBA certifications; Universal Referrals; equipment rentals, repairs & retail; private charters; offshore rendezvous; island tours; sunset & dinner cruises - good fun & great times. And for the perfect souvenir, our resort boutique offers a variety of memorable items.
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We spent 2 weeks sailing in the Abacos and decided to take a day to snorkel in the reef area with Dive Abaco. This was a great decision, as Keith was well prepared, professional, entertaining, and fun to spend the day with. We had a fun group of 5 divers and 4 snorklers who explored several areas of the reef. We enjoyed seeing the reef sharks, the grouper, and lots of fish following the divers thru the tunnels of the reef.
The snorkelers enjoyed playing with the bubbles from the divers as an added bonus-much like an efferescent bath! It was a surprise to see how rich the reef and sea life is in this area and was a fun addition to our trip.

1  Thank PaulaOhio

Reviewed November 25, 2009

I have just completed a very enjoyable six days of diving with Captain Keith Rodgers. I have been diving for decades and unquestionable his ‘Dive Abaco’ outfit in Marsh Harbor, Abaco is one of the most professional and friendly operations I have encountered. A comfortable well equipped dive boat and dive shop just made my favorite recreation even more enjoyable. I did hate to leave. My wife and I arrived after a week of strong north winds had made the outer barrier reef inaccessible to diving. I feared I would have to wait a couple of days for conditions to settle down. Not a problem. Keith’s knowledge of the area is complete. He had a diving adventure for his clients every day. While the sea conditions settled down we did great drift dives in the Pelican Cay National Park and on Snake Cay as well as a very memorable dive at the Treasure Cay Blue Hole. The last two locations were my favorites. At Snake Cay we entered still shallow water, entertaining ourselves turning over some Upside-Down Jellyfish (Cassiopeia). As we swam to deeper water the current increased and we drifted for 30 minutes through inshore coral structures well populated with all the familiar reef fish as well as several not so familiar Lionfish. While I had dived Blue Holes on Andros Island I found the Treasure Cay hole interestingly different. A vertical hand line allowed me to follow the dive master down through 50 feet of fresh water, followed by a 10 feet sulfide layer into clear but now dark salt water. Our hand held lights displayed very large stalactites, a fish that appeared to have neither tail fins nor eye pupils, and a conch shell embedded in the limestone wall. I remember looking up at a stalactite that was larger than me, in every dimension, and tried to image the time-line of this amazing place. When the outer reefs became accessible we dove several days in the Fowl Cay National Park. Caribbean Reef sharks, Eagle rays, very large Grouper, and all the familiar fish we all enjoy are found in that Bahamian preserve. Captain Keith is certainly the king of the swim-through. We not only dove on and around but also through every reef in the park. Simply wonderful. If you get to Abaco be sure and dive with Keith at ‘Dive Abaco.’

1  Thank BobKFlorida
Reviewed November 3, 2009

If you are looking to go explore the reefs, then Keith at Dive Abaco is your man! Great operation, professionally run, equipment in top notch shape, and a great location. 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed August 27, 2009

My son and I were first time divers and were lucky to get Capt. Keith as our dive instructor. Dive Abaco is a very friendly and professional dive shop and after the first dive both of us became addicted to diving. The dive sites are all breathtaking and we can´t wait to pet the nassau grouper again and meet the facinating sharks. Thank you, Keith, for introducing us to a beautiful new world down there.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

Just got back from Marsh Harbour. My sons (15 and 16years old) did their open water dives and got certified. Keith, the owner, has been absolutely wonderdul. Very experienced and a great teacher and always ready for a joke ! He is also very helpful with recommendations regarding restaurants and day trips. I highly recommend his dive shop. We dove 3 days and also went on a night dive. The dive boat and equipement were excellent!
I booked a dive package (all the dives and hotel) with Dive Abaco. We chose the package with Abaco Beach Resort (because the Resort claims to have all kinds of water toys, fitness center and tennis courts). We were disappointed with the resort - most of the toys were not available or in very poor condition. It is definitely NOT a 5-star resort - I would rate it as a 3-star. As an alternative we could have stayed at Regattas" (condpminium). Regatttas is just across the street from the dive shop and will be the place we stay if we ever go back!