“You can do better than this”

Snappas Chill and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: On the water overlooking the Harbour
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place apparently is making it on its past. I went for lunch and the food was greasy fish and subpar service. It did have a great view but there are so many places in this part of the world with great food and a view that I have to go with lunch was wasted here. I would say I am an authority on bars and this certainly qualifies more as a bar than it does a restaurant. Now don't get me wrong, I have been known to hang out in a bar or two and I happen to have a place in my heart for bars but I tend not to eat in them when there are great eating choices all around me.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

By land or dingy check it out. You will find a mix of locals and tourists enjoying great drinks and food served up by their friendly staff.

We have been here for a few days and Snappas is now our local spot. They offer up great food, live music two or three nights a week, a great dingy dock and friendly service. Get the Wifi password from the bartender and just for fun send your friends in the frozen north a picture of the harbor.

Bill the owner is always a gracious host and Raymond a first class bartender.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We'd heard mixed reviews of Snappas from fellow sailing cruisers who call at Marsh Harbor, but wanted to see for ourselves. The place was pretty full, but we found a nice table with another couple and ordered drinks and appetizers. Took a full 25 minutes for the waitress, and several reminders from us, to have 3 beers and a glass of wine delivered. Our appetizers and the special sandwich took another 30 minutes and then the order was incomplete with fries for the meal missing. By the time the fries arrived, the food was gone...and the fries were cold! Our table was served by 2 waitresses who continually blamed the other for the poor service! I will never go to this place again!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Snappas is a great island bar overlooking the marina in Marsh Habour. The night we went there was a singer, "Jammin' Jan", who was great. Very entertaining. The kitchen is very small, located just to your left when you walk in and open to the bar. A long 'L' shaped bar runs along the west wall and then tables are at the end of that and throughout the rest of the room. It isn't a very big place at all. The windows look out on the marina, and we watched a beautiful sunset from our table.

The food was priced around $14-$18 and was pretty much what you would expect for a bar. I had a blackened grouper Caesar salad and it was quite good, the fish was a little overcooked, but you're not here for haute cuisine, you're here for an island bar experience, and it gives you all that. Our server, Guy, was great.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed in Marsh Harbour and went to Snappas more than any other place! Expecting black tie dining in Abaco? WAKE UP!! You go to the Abacos to kick off your shoes, relax and enjoy yourself and no place fits the bill better than Snappas. The coldest beer, the BEST grilled conch and without a doubt the best place to enjoy the view with a cocktail. I found no pretentious attitudes here - just a staff willing to do their best so I could relax and get to know a few locals. And isn't relaxing and meeting new people why you travel to begin with? Highly recommended for a great visit.