“Great Hotel - we loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marsh Harbour
Conch Inn Hotel and Marina
Miami
“Great Hotel - we loved it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We just returned from a short trip to Marsh Harbor.
Looking up the hotels on trip advisor we were a bit skeptical about this hotel as it has some good reviews and some bad ones. We know there are those people who just never will be happy with anything, but sometimes you should take warnings seriously.
We therefore decided to go there and check out the rooms before we obligate ourselves.

What we found was way and far beyond our expectations in a good way.
The place is very clean and taken care off. The rooms are simple but fairly new and nice looking, the bathroom looked new with nice appliances (even have a hair dryer which I did not expect to find) and we even had a view on the beautiful garden and marina.

The hotel's location is right in the middle of town and the other restaurants (Mangoes and Snappas) are in close walking distance.
The staff was extremely nice and forth coming and the location fantastic.
They have a very nice restaurant, cute interior and an upstairs bar overlooking the harbor.
The only down side we could find was that Tuesdays the restaurant is closed for cleaning - and we happened to be there on a Tuesday. :(

Wondering why there was such a big discrepancy in the reports on trip advisor we asked for the reason. We were told that after the last hurricane about three years ago the entire hotel and marina had been renovated.

We had looked around town for other places to stay, some of them were horrendously more expensive and in worse shape than this place.

We found our "home base" in Marsh Harbor and will be back!
Great little hotel - not a five star luxury resort (which they don't claim to be) BUT absolutely worth the money!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
vancouver
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This is an old and tired hotel, great to stay at before boarding a boat, but not much else (in other words, if you are not boarding a boat, do not stay here). Very much in need of updating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip. compared to other hotels, this one has the best price (avg $100.00 less) than other options. Well located in the heart of Marsh Harbor. It only has about 10 rooms, very cozy hotel with a marina. Very convenient for a business traveller and a yatch charter as a sailing vacation with the company The Moorings.
Will recommend other options if you are staying during a vacation, where you want to relax, and enjoy the beach or scenery.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Daytona Beach
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Stay at the Conch Inn for five days in April, found it to be very clean, and a great location...perfectly close to shopping, restaurants, ferry and dive shops. Fantastic sunset view over the bay! Spoke with several of the locals, and they were very friendly and helpful. If you're a boat fanatic, The Moorings is the place to be!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Conch Inn and Marina is a great place for transitioning to a Moorings Charter or ferrying over to one of the out islands. Marsh Harbour is the hub of Abaco and the Conch Inn is in a perfect location for all the amenities that Marsh Harbour provides travelers and guests. Whether it is business or leisure this hotel offers excellent accommodations. Curly Tails restaurant and bar located on site offers incredible views of the harbor from a second story full bar as well as good food and dining downstairs with patio seating. People are friendly and rooms are clean, great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank mzb0017
Louisiana
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We just returned from a yacht charter and stayed one night prior to the charter at the Conch Inn. The folks there are very friendly, smile and make you welcome, yet they are not in a hurry to cater to your needs... but eventually they come through. Don't expect your room to be ready prior to the 3:00 check in time. The rooms are clean and are a step above a Best Western or Motel 6. Curly Tails is right there with the hotel and is a nice place with semi-friendly staff and quality food. There is a dive shop at the location as well and the folks there are nice too. In the event we charter again from the Moorings, we will stay at the Conch Inn as it is convenient, clean and has a great location for gathering provisions.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank fatdog60
New York
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Conch Inn is the charter base for both Sunsail and The Moorings yacht charter firms in the Abacos. Along with two friends, I arrived a day early for a sailing trip and stayed at the Inn prior to boarding our boat.
I understand that the Abacos are far less touristy than other parts of the Bahamas, which suits me fine. Our taxis were met by hotel staff (largely Bahamian women) and guided past the block of rooms to the office -- she even carried one of my bags, although my male companions were on their own. Our rooms were not ready (we were early). Our luggage was piled in the reception area -- unsecured but in full view of the staff behind the desk. We retired to Curley Tails, the upstairs bar, for a welcome drink.
In addition to the bar, Curley Tails has a full service restaurant at ground level. The hotel complex also includes a swimming pool, laundry, and showers for marina guests. .
By the time we had walked to the liquor store (critical for a week of sailing) our rooms were ready. We carried our luggage the short distance to them.
The rooms have two queen beds, television, air conditioning, and roomy bathrooms. They're tidy and pleasantly decorated. Oddly, the mattresses make a crinkling noice when you sit on them, or move around -- as if a stiff plastic wrap was left on under the sheets. Although I slept well enough, I did not roll around as much as usual. One of my companions, who shared a room, said the other woke him several times by tossing and turning in his noisy bed.
Power in the Bahamas matches the US, including the outlets, so I was soon surfing the web with my laptop while watching US TV. Not how I want to spend my sailing vacation, but a good way to ease from New York life to island time.
I was awakened by what I thought was a long, loud, one-sided argument -- a monologue by a woman who I thought must be right outside my window. I staggered over to it and peeked out, but saw only the bright moring sun on tropical plants, the sailboat masts nearby, and the sea. A little later another companion who had stayed in the hotel across the street mentioned the yelling woman -- aparently she was loud enough to be heard that far away. We agreed that she had not, in fact, been arguing nor even yelling. Her speaking voice was just that loud, and her conversation just that strident.
As we prepared to take posession of our charter yachts, my friends from the other room revealed that they had had only hot water. They were unable to shower. My friend negotiated with the manager and received a discount on their room.
My friend from across the street and I went for a swim in the unheated pool. It was refreshing, if a little chilly, and we had it to ourselves. We lunched that day at Curly Tails. As with so many hotel restaurants where Americans are regulars, the menu was overly Americanized, with wraps and salads that I'm sure the locals don't usually eat. But the food was good.
The Conch Inn is not a bargain, but it does not position itself as such. Its biggest value for me was its location at the yacht charter base, but even if you aren't there to sail, this would be a suitable accommodation as a home base from which to explore the island.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Bahama Beach Club
Bahama Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Treasure Cay
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#2 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina
Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort

Been to Conch Inn Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!