For reference, I have been to Turks and Caicos multiple times, St Thomas, Dominican, Aruba, Great Exuma, and Anguilla.
We went in the off off season and saw only 4 or 5 guests besides ourselves. Hurricane Sandy had taken down the internet antenna so our room (which was on the far end) did not have service. I inquired about this, but at no time did they offer to move us closer. This seems like a small thing, but how hard would it be to move us closer to the working antenna? We use devices to connect to work throughout our vacations, so we really needed it. It's the nature of our business.
The sand of the beach was outstanding and it was extremely large. The pools were clean and clear and the pool bar was very nice. The restaurant was fantastic.
Out dust ruffle on the bed was black with dirt. The mini-fridge was old and had to be slammed to stay shut. No toaster, no microwave.
The room was otherwise clean, and the maid service was good.
The water was nice, but if you're looking for a resort with white sand beach as far as you can walk into the water, this is not it.
I'm an active guy, and unfortunately on the off-season, everything was closed. So, I would not recommend this island during the quiet times. Unless doing nothing is your goal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since it's inception in 1955 Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina has had the pleasure of welcoming back generations of loyal guests and families who continue to make the pilgrimage to Great Abaco Bahamas part of a storied family tradition. Simply and affectionately known as "Boat Harbour" to boating enthusiasts, Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina has become a legend as one of the best resort for individual and family vacations and boating enthusiast in the Bahamas. Thousands of beach loving vacationers and boaters return year round to rekindle old traditions and create their own uniquely Bahamian experiences. Located less than 165 miles east off the coast of Florida and situated on 40 beautifully tropical acres along the tranquil Sea of Abaco, the Abaco Beach Resort is the gateway to the World's finest fishing, eco-adventure excursion, historical island settlements and an abundance of aquatic activities. Experienced boaters and novices alike can chart their own course making stops at the surrounding offshore cays and pristine barrier islands that are just waiting to be explored. With a variety of activities ranging from island-hopping, kayaking, paddle boats, snorkeling, yoga, and water aerobics and diving to shopping and dining, The Abacos offer the perfect sanctuary for every type of aquatic and tropical island adventure. Our resort boost more than 89 guest rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, fitness center, 2 pool and is home to the largest marina in the Bahamas with 200 slips that can accommodate boats up to 200 feet in length. The resort concierge provides all the necessary amenities to assist boaters with preparations for a magnificent day on the water. Marina services include 24-hour security, Internet, TV, full detailing and cleaning, electricity and fueling services seven days a week, 365 days a year as well as on-site customs and immigration clearance. Whether planning a getaway for a family vacation, destination wedding, and corporate incentive trip or boating trip the Abaco Beach Resort is the ideal location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaco Beach Resort At Boat Harbour Hotel Marsh Harbour
- Abaco Beach Marsh Harbour
- Abaco Beach Resort And Boat Harbour Marina Abaco Islands, Bahamas