“Great pub food and wonderful patio view”
Review of Bridges Tavern

Bridges Tavern
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Housed in an historic 1862 building, Bridges is a casually refined tavern nestled on a beautiful estate property on the Mill Pond and Beaver River in Thornbury Enjoy your favorite Tavern fare, strong handcrafted drinks, friendly bartenders and live entertainment you'd never expect from a tavern in Thornbury. Whether you're kicking back during the day or living it up for a night, Bridges Tavern just might be your favorite new place in the Blue Mountains.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is the last of the good weather for awhile. I am working in Canada for two weeks and the Thanksgiving weekend fell during this time. Having a weekend here I was told to go to the Georgian Bay. We stopped at Bridges because the weather was 20C and the patio looked inviting. Great views and food and drink. I ordered the fish and chips and my partner ordered the hamburger special. We were both delighted with our food. Then....staying with my tradition of eating the products of the country I am in we ordered Thornbury Hard Cider! Double YUM! I highly recommend coming here. They also have entertainment on the weekends.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

love the food and staff... main rooms smell like beer if you come on the wrong day though.... Patio is lovely overlooking a local pond.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

You Gotta Eat Here...

Recently I was re-visiting family in Thornbury, Ontario and while there, I ate at Bridges for my second time. This restaurant has a very interesting history but its the food that keeps bring me back. Extremely tasty pub fare, the Mac 'n' Cheese and chicken wings are amazing.

Hanging out on the back grass near the Millpond is also a perfect locale for anyone with a young family... lots of room to play and ample space for the adults to hang.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Food is not great but location is......great spot to meet for a beer and snack, really cool old building...

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everything was excellent at the Bridges Tavern! My husband had the Jerk Chicken and it was so good, the best he's ever had in a restaurant. (outside of Jamaica)
Our server recommended the quesadilla for me and it was also super. A nice selection of local wines and beers on tap. Great service and a fun atmosphere, including live music.
We'd go there again!