“One of the best restaurants I've ever been to!”

Maiolo's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Outstanding Georgian Bay views from this landmark waterfront restaurant. Wood Fired Pizza, Pasta, Steaks and Fresh Fish. Extensive wine list with an emphasis on fine Italian selections. Relaxing upscale lounge and bar.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best restaurants I've ever been to!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Overall, my dinner was excellent! The food is delicious, they have a wide variety of meals to choose from and it was all cooked perfectly! Our waitress was Daniella and she was very enthusiastic, helpful and kind. The atmosphere is welcoming, fun and very clean! I love it here and I will definitely come back soon!

1 Thank clareraven

Markham, Canada
“Finally an affordable family restaurant in Thornbury”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have eaten at Maiolo's three times since its' re-opening in May 2012. We have always had friendly service staff and excellent food at reasonable prices. When we aren't in the mood for pub fare or spending over $20 to feed our boys, it is great to have Maiolo's. Where else can you feed your boys adult-portion spaghetti and meatballs for $9! It has lovely ambience, great location and a wonderful bar-area which is great for hanging out with friends for a drink after skiing. I really like this place and hope they are successful.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank janette m
Toronto, Canada
“Lots of fun, great food and a Happy New Year!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

As a very conservative person, I was going to meet the New, 2013th, Year at home (as usually), but my vigorous wife managed to convinced me for the trip up north from Toronto to Blue Mountain. Honestly, I was very skeptical about it.
We got invited to the Italian restaurant on the lake shore. From the very beginning we were immersed into the warmest New Year Eve atmosphere possible. Friendly staff took care of our coats. Than we were guided to the cozy table, generously decorated with fresh flowers, and immediately served delicious appetizers along with very decent Italian wine.
We came with our friends and there were three kids. Have to emphasize child service: everything, including menu, toys, balloons… was more than appropriate.
The disco started once most of the guests broke their fast. It was exceptionally guest-oriented. I couldn’t notice a single boring person. Dining area is wisely separated from the dance floor so it doesn’t interfere to friendly conversations around the tables. Just before the “countdown” started, everyone was offered to pick some festive decorations and provided with free champagne from the open bar.
Forgot to mention very reasonable price/quality ratio, freshly painted interior and exceptionally clean “facilities”.
Outside the restaurant, there is a patio with a beautiful view of Georgian Bay. Since we went in the winter, the lake was covered in snow and ice, so it was especially beautiful!
I’ve been to some other places around Christmas time and had a chance to compare. It’s another reason why I rated Maiolo’s so high.
Planning to come back in the summertime!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vadim2013
Toronto, Canada
“One of the best New Year celebrations at Maiolo's”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went with a company of eight people to celebrate 2013 and were happy we made this choice. Firstly, the atmosphere had a very European flavor because of its owner, Frank, and food of course. I absolutely loved Italian entries and the wine was excellent. I didn't have a chance to try the main dish, I heard from my friend it was good. Frank explained to us that he was taking on a new approach and trying to cook his food using less oil which is great for health concerned individuals. Secondly, the staff was awesome- very considerate and friendly. I felt as a welcomed guest at my friend's house, because the atmosphere was so relaxed and fun.
I am planning on coming back there in May to have my meal on so-much -talked about veranda that overlooks the harbor.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank olga v
“Miaolo's Falls short in all aspects of a Dining experience!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As locals, we had sincerely hoped that the rumours about Miaolo's were true; that the inconsistent waterfront restaurant had made great strides at recently re-inventing its menu and service in order to lure discriminating local and city diners through their doors.After all, with over 16 places to eat in this town, you had better bring your A game.......or at least your B game. And while the service was friendly and the Chef/Owner kind and full of apologies and excuses, it is highly unlikely any of us will enter this establishment again....Allow me to elaborate:
*Risotto made with under cooked converted rice.
*Raw scallops and marginally cooked chicken parmesan.
*Pasta cooked to the point where al dente was a distant memory.
* Naked spinach leaves doused in raspberry vinegar being passed off as a Spinach salad
On a positive note, the kids' pizza was pretty tasty and the two steaks were cooked on point .

So, our visit to Maiolo's was on par with our first. Disappointing.

2 Thank Misscribe