“Miaolo's Falls short in all aspects of a Dining experience!”

Maiolo's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Outstanding Georgian Bay views from this landmark waterfront restaurant. Wood Fired Pizza, Pasta, Steaks and Fresh Fish. Extensive wine list with an emphasis on fine Italian selections. Relaxing upscale lounge and bar.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As locals, we had sincerely hoped that the rumours about Miaolo's were true; that the inconsistent waterfront restaurant had made great strides at recently re-inventing its menu and service in order to lure discriminating local and city diners through their doors.After all, with over 16 places to eat in this town, you had better bring your A game.......or at least your B game. And while the service was friendly and the Chef/Owner kind and full of apologies and excuses, it is highly unlikely any of us will enter this establishment again....Allow me to elaborate:
*Risotto made with under cooked converted rice.
*Raw scallops and marginally cooked chicken parmesan.
*Pasta cooked to the point where al dente was a distant memory.
* Naked spinach leaves doused in raspberry vinegar being passed off as a Spinach salad
On a positive note, the kids' pizza was pretty tasty and the two steaks were cooked on point .

So, our visit to Maiolo's was on par with our first. Disappointing.

2  Thank Misscribe

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

When my friend and I ate here we were the only people dining in the restaurant save for one other couple. That being said it took us 30-40 minutes for us to get our food after we ordered. The majority of the staff were sitting on couches watching football while we just sat hungrily at our table.
Once we finally got our food it didn't seem really worth the wait.. It was good, but not great. I had an Alfredo type pasta with bacon in it and my friend had the seafood pasta with mussels, shrimp etc. I enjoyed mine for the most part but my friends was a huge disappointment. The bread we reviewed was also very hard and didn't seem fresh at all.
My overall impression of Maiolo's is that it needs a lot of improvement. I do have to compliment the atmosphere though, that was quite nice. But unfortunately the pretty interior cannot make up for whats lacking in every other department.

2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you want to feel like you're in Italy, Maiolo's is the place! I love their patio in the summer, overlooking Thornbury harbour, enjoying a glass of wine, good friends. Listening to their music it seemed to transport us to Tuscany. On a second visit, we had a wonderful "strachatela " soup, esspreso and not to miss their gluten free, desserts. The Christmas decor is so festive. I can't say enough about their staff. I recommend it

Reviewed November 16, 2012

An excellent restaurant with a great food in a beautiful place.
Maiol's is an Italian restaurant that serve a very tasty food, the quality is excellent end Frank, the owner, really loves it.
most of the ingredients coming directly from Italy end the Italian chef from Sicily gives his touch to all the plate.
Here you can find a very good cusine, with a spectacular pasta, great fish end vegetables, everything accompanied with a wide choice of wine.
The home made wine cellar will attract you, it's beautiful felling to take a look of it end choose you bottle by yourself or ask to Frank for a suggestion
end you will be projected in to the love for his country.

1  Thank maxworld70
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The location, the welcoming atmosphere and the friendly waitresses...I was there on August 2012 with one of my friends. Frank "the owner" was so friendly and he explained all ingredients of the all menu that we were looking for ordering.
I loved the Italian red wine that he suggested to us. I have had many problems in restaurant for choosing the right food and drink as I am new in this country but there by his help I had one of my best meal. I loved the decoration and its live music.

2  Thank milani1970