“Find of the day!”

The Mill Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We came upon The Mill Cafe by accident, and are we delighted to have found it. The ambiance is incredible and the hosts are the nicest people you can come across. There were four adults and a six years old. Upon arrivial, our hostess brought a basket full of toys and coloring book for my son. The menu was the next little find! Everyone in our party (two seniors, one with specific dietary requirement) were fully satisfied. I had the Provelata to start with, and it was perfectly accompanied with the 2008 Creekside Estate Red. My seafood linguini was just perfect as was my other half's lamb shank! The surprise was the Raspberry Trifle... absolutely light and perfect way to end our dinner. Will definitely be back. Highly recommend to anyone. For pictures, check out my tweet: https://twitter.com/YmmyMmmy/status/313058625738395648.

2  Thank Chocalate

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well, we wrote about the Mill Cafe a couple of months ago and we gave them a wonderful review because we had a very pleasant experience for a lunch. We returned again a few weeks ago and enjoyed this Thornbury gem again. We returned yet again and have just come away from a dinner this time, and they have been consistent for every time we stop in. The staff continue to impress us and so does the the decor of the restaurant. We each ordered something different from the daily specials. They were priced right and up front. When the meals came they had a wonderful presentation and were piping hot. The first taste was followed by a "wow"! The chef is bang on and very creative. Please treat yourselves to this place and I'm sure you will want to tell your friends about your wonderful experience too.

2  Thank Doug W
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of attending this function on Feb.28.
We had not been at The Mill for a couple of years, and what a pleasant surprise to find that the staff had all changed, for the better.
David and Linda Philips, who owned and ran a very successful restaurant of their own,have taken The Mill under their wings and in less than a year have turned it into a "MUST GO TO PLACE".
The kitchen and wait staff are top class, and the food quality is excellent.
Can't wait to go back in the nice weather and enjoy the scenic patio.

2  Thank 214Joan
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I attended the Mill Cafe in Thornbury for lunch with my husband and two small children recently while on a weekend family vacation. We all had a fantastic time at the Mill and thought other families should know what a great place it is. My husband and I had burgers which were excellent and there were a number of choices for kids meals (which made our picky eater children very happy!!). The staff were very friendly, the service was excellent and the decor and the cozy atmosphere made us want to return for dinner! My husband and I are excited to return for a "date night" without the kids soon!!! Excellent choice for families or couples.

1  Thank Deanne J
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Last night I went to the mill with a party of 15 ! The food was amazing, I had a sea food plater with the best salmon I have ever ate! Nothing beats the authentic shrimp taco that blew every ones mind . Every one loved there food and the serves was amazing! There was nothing but good vibes coming from the mill we did not want the night to be over!! Today a few of us even went back for brunch!!! My new favorite place to eat!!!

1  Thank 2013february