“Yum!!!! Absolutely amazing ! Don't miss out!!!”
Review of The Mill Cafe

The Mill Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
“Yum!!!! Absolutely amazing ! Don't miss out!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Last night I went to the mill with a party of 15 ! The food was amazing, I had a sea food plater with the best salmon I have ever ate! Nothing beats the authentic shrimp taco that blew every ones mind . Every one loved there food and the serves was amazing! There was nothing but good vibes coming from the mill we did not want the night to be over!! Today a few of us even went back for brunch!!! My new favorite place to eat!!!

1 Thank 2013february

Milton, Canada
“This place made our day”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We returned to the Mill Cafe to find it was under new management. Wow, these folks are nailing it. A husband & wife team that are veterans to the business. Our sever sat us at a table of our choice for a mid afternoon bite and beverage. She was a true delight, a young woman that spoke to us from her heart. She was the real deal! She informed us of some very interesting specials that sounded too good to pass up. Well, the food was absolutely terrific. This chef and his team are truly passionate about what they can provide to their patrons. One of the specials was a nacho app that was topped with the best pulled pork that we have ever had in Canada.
Readers, please treat yourselves to this wonderful gem. Also, very nicely appointed decor! We will be back very soon. Thanks to the Mill Cafe! Doug & Jane

• Visited February 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Still Great.... This time for just two!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

In a previous review of the Mill Cafe, we were with a large group, and the experience was Excellent. This experience enticed us to return once again, this time just the two of us.

All I can say, is, you better make reservations now before the area fills up with skiers. This is one restaurant that should be packed everynight once the crowds arrive. It was that good.

I had the Dijon Salmon and described it to dining partner that it was the 2nd best Salmon of my life. The first best was in a small cafe in Lake Placid that showed me how great Salmon can be. This was a VERY close second. I highly recommend this dish.

The service was exceptional for a table of two as it was for the large group we visited with before, and the everything I try on the menu turns out awesome. I can't wait to go back again!

Another reason to say that Thornbury is becoming the Culinary Capital of the Escarpment!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael B
Ontario
“Hallelujah!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Mill has returned to it's former glory! The menu is quite similar but updated from the original very popular menu from former days. The service under new management is very good! We had a wonderful evening with good friends and all enjoyed the experience!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank pearl-ladies
Collingwood, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to have dinner on a friday night, and they were having a schnitzel special which I had to try. Had the provoleta for an appetizer which was delicious. Then the main was to die for, they had a duck sauce that went very well with the schnitzel. To finish the meal I had a espresso creme brulee which was also very good and looked exactly like a cappuccino when it was brought to me! I will recomend this restaurant to anyone passing by Thornbury and will definitely be going for dinner again!! :)

• Visited November 2012