“This place made our day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mill Cafe

The Mill Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
Milton, Canada
“This place made our day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We returned to the Mill Cafe to find it was under new management. Wow, these folks are nailing it. A husband & wife team that are veterans to the business. Our sever sat us at a table of our choice for a mid afternoon bite and beverage. She was a true delight, a young woman that spoke to us from her heart. She was the real deal! She informed us of some very interesting specials that sounded too good to pass up. Well, the food was absolutely terrific. This chef and his team are truly passionate about what they can provide to their patrons. One of the specials was a nacho app that was topped with the best pulled pork that we have ever had in Canada.
Readers, please treat yourselves to this wonderful gem. Also, very nicely appointed decor! We will be back very soon. Thanks to the Mill Cafe! Doug & Jane

• Visited February 2013

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Still Great.... This time for just two!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

In a previous review of the Mill Cafe, we were with a large group, and the experience was Excellent. This experience enticed us to return once again, this time just the two of us.

All I can say, is, you better make reservations now before the area fills up with skiers. This is one restaurant that should be packed everynight once the crowds arrive. It was that good.

I had the Dijon Salmon and described it to dining partner that it was the 2nd best Salmon of my life. The first best was in a small cafe in Lake Placid that showed me how great Salmon can be. This was a VERY close second. I highly recommend this dish.

The service was exceptional for a table of two as it was for the large group we visited with before, and the everything I try on the menu turns out awesome. I can't wait to go back again!

Another reason to say that Thornbury is becoming the Culinary Capital of the Escarpment!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael B
Ontario
“Hallelujah!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Mill has returned to it's former glory! The menu is quite similar but updated from the original very popular menu from former days. The service under new management is very good! We had a wonderful evening with good friends and all enjoyed the experience!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank pearl-ladies
Collingwood, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to have dinner on a friday night, and they were having a schnitzel special which I had to try. Had the provoleta for an appetizer which was delicious. Then the main was to die for, they had a duck sauce that went very well with the schnitzel. To finish the meal I had a espresso creme brulee which was also very good and looked exactly like a cappuccino when it was brought to me! I will recomend this restaurant to anyone passing by Thornbury and will definitely be going for dinner again!! :)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Matt S
Kitchener, Canada
“Wonderful visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was in Blue Mountain on business this past week end, and I heard through friends that the Mill Cafe had undergone a complete change of management and had cleaned house. We had dinner there on Friday night and lunch before we left town on Sunday.
The food was wonderful, and the care taken in its preparation was apparent. The provoleta ( I hope it is spelled right) was wonderful and paired nicely with roasted red pepper and black olive tapenade. I had the Kale Caesar and Steak Frite for dinner. The maple candied bacon was great contrast to the tender kale. The steak was perfectly cooked and well rested with the delicious fresh cut fries. My wife had the fish cakes and Spinach salad with grilled zucchini and pine nuts The fish cakes were crispy and flavorful, and the salad was delightful. We then shared a chocolate cappuccino cream brulee complete with the cream top . it was a great presentation and delicious.
For Lunch on Sunday we had a burger and the fish n chips. and we split a provoleta again.
Thank you to the manager Dave and his staff and cheers to the chefs Nick and Cody for a job well done.

• Visited November 2012