“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mill Cafe

The Mill Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, International
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
Collingwood, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to have dinner on a friday night, and they were having a schnitzel special which I had to try. Had the provoleta for an appetizer which was delicious. Then the main was to die for, they had a duck sauce that went very well with the schnitzel. To finish the meal I had a espresso creme brulee which was also very good and looked exactly like a cappuccino when it was brought to me! I will recomend this restaurant to anyone passing by Thornbury and will definitely be going for dinner again!! :)

1 Thank Matt S

Kitchener, Canada
“Wonderful visit”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was in Blue Mountain on business this past week end, and I heard through friends that the Mill Cafe had undergone a complete change of management and had cleaned house. We had dinner there on Friday night and lunch before we left town on Sunday.
The food was wonderful, and the care taken in its preparation was apparent. The provoleta ( I hope it is spelled right) was wonderful and paired nicely with roasted red pepper and black olive tapenade. I had the Kale Caesar and Steak Frite for dinner. The maple candied bacon was great contrast to the tender kale. The steak was perfectly cooked and well rested with the delicious fresh cut fries. My wife had the fish cakes and Spinach salad with grilled zucchini and pine nuts The fish cakes were crispy and flavorful, and the salad was delightful. We then shared a chocolate cappuccino cream brulee complete with the cream top . it was a great presentation and delicious.
For Lunch on Sunday we had a burger and the fish n chips. and we split a provoleta again.
Thank you to the manager Dave and his staff and cheers to the chefs Nick and Cody for a job well done.

2 Thank chef030
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“It's Back, and it's Great!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My Girlfriend and I had often frequented this great little spot a few years ago, until a management and style change that seemed to have just not worked with our tastes. Once we heard that a Manager from a restaurant we enjoyed was now overseeing the return to greatness of The Mill, we had to try it.

And try it we did, with a total table size of over 12 people. (Yes we had reservations)

From the moment we walked in, the entire attitude from staff was warm and welcoming. The dishes on the menu seemed to instill a confidence in the chef's creativity. Whether having the burger (which I've always been a fan of) or one of the other items that were delivered to our table.

No one was disappointed, and for a large party, with varied tastes, to have everyone say they will be back is probably the best testimony that a restaurant can have.

Try, you'll like it as we did, and you'll want to go back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michael B
Toronto, Canada
“I'll Be Back”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Everything about this place is delightful, charming and comfortable. There is a casual elegance to the setting, the food, and the service which makes me look forward to my next experience at The Mill Cafe. Thanks for a great experience!

2 Thank carllenox
Shrivenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious cozy lunch!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We drove to Thornbury for a little shopping and The Mill was recommended by a local who mentioned they were under new management and that all they had heard so far was positive. Upon arriving we were warmly greeted and given a great table. The menu looked excellent. The kale ceasar was a pleasant surprise, maple bacon and fresh cheese really set off the dressing. I thoroughly enjoyed my mussels cooked in cider and leek and my parents loved their pulled beef entre topped with fried crunchy onion rings. The cold local beer on tap accompanied it all very nicely. We will return very soon!!

2 Thank runnarunna