“Fantastic Small Restaurant in my Neighbourhood”
Review of Simplicity Bistro - CLOSED

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Clarksburg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Small Restaurant in my Neighbourhood”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have had great lunches at Simplicity Bistro in the past but this was our first dinner experience .
Te meal was amazing, wonderful salad and delicious main course . The ambiance is beautiful and relaxed. The service was second to none. We will be back for sure.

• Visited June 2014

Brampton, Canada
“Awesome food in an amazing restaurant! Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Thornbury for a week's vacation (first trip to Thornbury for the both of us). We had the good luck to stop in at Simplicity Bistro early in the week (Monday) for lunch. Loved it so much we decided to reserve for a dinner later in the week on Thurs. (reservations highly recommended for dinner). However, we couldn't wait for another great meal, so we decided to dine there again at lunch on Wed. Also decided to try the Sunday brunch for one last great meal before we headed home. We thoroughly enjoyed 4 fantastic meals at this lovely restaurant (2 lunches, 1 dinner, and 1 brunch), but I think we could have eaten there even more...the food was just that great! No disappointment! The staff is great, the decor and environment amazing, and very reasonably priced for the best food my taste buds have experienced in a long, long time! I can't wait to make another trek up to Thornbury so I can enjoy another great meal! Thanks to the chefs, and Jenny, and the other servers for a truly amazing food experience! I was sad to leave but will certainly find a reason to come back! :)

• Visited June 2014
Naperville, Illinois
“Outstanding Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This cozy restaurant provides my all-time favourite dinner, one which is not even on the menu. Chef and owner Andrew Barber can prepare a steak au poivre, which features a tender steak surrounded by sauces and fresh vegetables which are unmatched by the most expensive dishes in the city. My wife loves the lamb; and other dishes which rotate from time to time draw rave comments from other diners. The wine list and desserts are perfect complements to the entrees. Parking can be crowded, but there is a lot across the highway. Reservations for dinner are an absolute must, even during the week, which obviously means that others share my views. The staff, many of whom are family, are attentive and very pleasant. The only downside to an outstanding dining experience is that the noise level may be a minor distraction, particularly if you are seated next to a large group.

Peterborough, Canada
“Wonderful Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner out in Thornbury. Celebrating a birthday, we all enjoyed our dinner, the atmosphere, and the very pleasant staff at Simplicity Bistro. Fresh ingredients, local menu items, nice presentation of the dishes made for a really nice outing. It was a little noisy, but Friday night....so no big deal!

Kitchener, Canada
“Amazing Lunch”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had to be in Thornbury to see a client around lunch time and after my meeting was looking for a place to grab some lunch before heading home. I saw this place and the name sounded interesting and so in we went. The inside was very clean and neat and it was fairly full with a normal lunch crowd. We sat down and our waitress told us the days specials. The one that caught me was the surf and turf. Shrimp and small pieces of beef. I decided to try it and was blown away. It was so good I could have ordered another. I ordered the lamb burger as my entrée and it was excellent as well and it came with beautifully done French fries. No complaints on my side. My guest ordered the grilled cheese with pulled pork which came with delicious coleslaw and fries as well. It was great too! I can tell you this is a restaurant that we will return to the next trip and we can try some of their other excellent looking food.