“Great service for a group”
Review of Simplicity Bistro - CLOSED

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the reservations to the meal service all was excellent. We were a group and there was no difficulty in getting individual cheques . Though we had several variations and changes in numbers nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The service was efficient, professional and friendly. It made for a very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The ambience is unparalled in this area. Terrific customer service, very welcoming! The dinner menu had lots of variety - at my table of four, each one of us tried something different and we were all wowed by the presentation and delicious taste of all the dishes. We will be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friends took me for lunch to a wonderful eatery in the pretty town of Thornbury. Service was very attentive, the lunch menu extensive and diverse , our selections very very tasty, and the prices reasonable. So I decided to recommend this bistro....it is beautifully decorated, with art by locoal painters, stone, wood and soothing coloursl I had crab cakes and the chickpea salad with cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and orzo. Both dishes were delicious and very attractively prseented. My friends had the special which was a BLT with cajun chicken breast and a choice of fries or salad. I had blueberry tart with goat cheese, and it came with house made whipped cream and ice cream...yum. My friend had creme brulee, everyone enjoyed their meals....I would go back for dinner as the wine list looked great too.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

First time visiting this restaurant. I went for lunch with my 91 year old mother who loves her food. We had salads and crab cakes and both were delicious. We both loved that the restaurant was simply decorated with original art and we assume local artists but not sure. Made it more interesting. Staff were friendly and attentive without being over the top as some restaurants are these days.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant well last year and had recommended it to many around the Collingwood area. Therefore my experience on Saturday saddens me all the more.
The special was halibut atop of fingerling potatoes with an eggplant puree. At $26 I expected a portion that should have been twice the size. Two of our party had the ribs, which are still excellent.
Here is where things went really south.
We were given 4 half slices of bread and we asked for more. On reviewing our bill we noted that we were charged $2 for the second plate. REALLY Simplicity?
Our bill that night was $215 for 4 of us that included a bottle of wine but no deserts. Was it really necessary to add 50 cents per person per half slice of bread?
I did question the charge with the hostess and was told that only the first round of bread is complimentary. I of course realize that I could have complained to the manager and have the charge removed, but why put your customers in that position.
Is $2 worth losing the many regulars you were getting (particularly off season) and relying on weekend tourists?

3  Thank Ellyb1