“a delightful meal”

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of going for dinner at Simplicity Bistro and was glad I did. The food was delicious and the service was pleasant. I ordered the Monkfish with prosciutto entree and it was fabulous. My husband ordered the Trout and rissoto cakes and it was even better. I have heard that the menu changes often so unless you hurry in you may not get to try these great dishes.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ate here twice (two days apart). Great service, nice atmosphere). We enjoyed our first visit a bit more than the second, but both were good, and it is a matter of ordering the right things for oneself and perhaps asking the server for suggestions (which we did not do the second time). The soups and salads are great, appetizers sound and look good. We had crepes, grilled cheese, and vegetable sandwich, all of which are great. Instead of fries, upgrade to sweet potato fries, soup (beef barley is amazing) or salad. We were not as thrilled with one daily special (chicken sandwich), but we should have asked about it first, and we recognize that daily specials often involve trying new things, some of which work out better than others.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had an amazing dining experience this evening. A friend recommended this restaurant after hearing we were looking for a place with good ribs. Boy was she right! I had the trout, while my husband had the ribs.(My mouth is salivating at the memory) Great service and ambiance to match the food.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

In life most of the truly elegant experiences center around the concept of "mature simplicity". The Simplicity Bistro in Thornbury is that and more. We were a table of six, and all ordered different meals, and in the main they were excellent. One of our table had the venison. It was awesome, and the presentation was elegant. I had the parpadelle...wonderful. All others were just as, or more so than these. The house wines might be avoided as they are not even good. Go to the wine list. We were there on a crowded Saturday evening, and yet never felt the staff were pressed or overwhelmed. Would I go there again, absolutely.

1  Thank Gord S
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Every time we've visited, it's always been a great experience. From the servers to the Chef, this place has got it together. Not too casual, not too formal; a bistro experience that will have you coming back for more. We been several times for lunch, brunch, and dinner and never felt it was the "same old". Definitely worth the trip to Thornbury. Cheers Simplicity!