“I refer all out-of-towners to this excellent restaurant”
Review of Simplicity Bistro - CLOSED

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I live locally and when asked what restaurant do I recommend in the area, without hesitation it is always 'Simplicity Bistro'. My son visited from Vancouver and I took him to my favourite restaurant 'Simplicity Bistro', he was very impressed with this upscale, quality bistro.
I brought a bus group of 48 friends to a pre dinner party at Simplicity, staff went out of their way to accommodate and welcome this group of fun people with incredible appetizers prior to opening their doors to their regular dinner crowd.
Sylvia is a great hostess and the rest of the staff are always friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic lunch at Simplicity Bistro - absolutely exceptional food - creative, fresh, locally sourced, presented beautifully. Service was friendly & efficient.

I just hate the "extra" charges, i.e a lunch comes with fries. If you would rather have a salad $1 is added, $1.50 sweet fries. Why not just offer options for one price.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband & I celebrated our 32nd anniversary last evening at Simplicity Bistro. The day was cool & wet so we were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door and were greeted with soft lighting and a cozy fireplace that lit up the room.
The food was exceptional, the Ceasar salad was second to none - fresh ingredients, crisp bacon bits, light dressing. I had the Pepper Steak and it was superb. Cooked exactly the way I liked it .. a perfect medium rare. The potato fingerlings and medley of fresh veggies were absolutely amazing!! My husband had the Ham hock, Bean & Kale soup and raved about it. His entree was Pickeral, potato fingerlings & a medley of veggies (brussel sprouts, green beans etc ....
We shared a chocolate brownie with cream & melted chocolate ... "their version of "Death by Chocolate".

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice spot with great food and good service. Prices are reasonable and service is very good. One of the best spots in town

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great food, atmosphere and service. Not many dining option in Thornbury worthy of a report on Trip Advisor, however, This place is worth it. Menu is wonderful and delicious and plentiful. Will be back.

1  Thank Beachfinder66