“Superb Dining”

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Checked on Trip Advisor as to where to eat in Thornbury and went with the flow. Definitely first rate with great food and interesting menu. Definitely will be returning.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I came with a friend. As a vegan/vegetarian, I was worried that there would not be any good options. The chef and waitress were flexible in cooking something off of the lunch menu. Now, a veggie sandwich is usually not exciting to me but let me tell you, the meal was delicious. The veggies were cooked perfectly and were a great addition to the delicious flatbread and fries. It was delicious and fresh.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a very pleasant experience there on a recent Saturday night, arriving without any reservations. It was after 8:30pm and most tables were filled. We waited a few minutes until a high top table opened up inside, although we could have taken an empty table near the hostess front desk.
Both the fish and steak entrees were correctly cooked. Their short, but more than adequate, wine list provided us with an excellent Pinot Noir from California.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

4 of us had dinner and it was really good....Starters were all excellent: crab cakes (lots of crab, not a lot of fillers), arancini (special of the day), mushroom caps (baked, covered in cheese, with red pepper), baked brie. Mains: ribs were good but too smoky for my sister and the sweet potato fries were excellent, halibut & trout were excellent, steak and fries were good but size of steak was a bit smaller than expected. Dessert: donughts huge portion and good, brownie also really good. Wines at all prices point. Good service. It was busy & and bit noisy. With wine & tip for 4 = $280.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner. Both of us were impressed by the servoce and the food. I had the spring vegetable risotto and my husband had the halibut. Both meals were fresh tasting and delicious. I had the brownie for dessert and it too was very good (and I am fairly picky about desserts). We will definitely come back to this restaurant. Our meal was $100 and that included 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, a cappuccino, a glass of wine and a beer. We left stuffed and happy.....what more could you want?