“This venue is awesome”

Simplicity Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant in Thornbury offering casual dining. Proud members of Apple Pie Trail. Seasonally changing menu offering local flavors
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The mushroom bruschetta was amazing. The fact that you could order by the piece was great. The pappardelle and the fettucini was over the top. The service was outstanding. Well done Andrew et al - we will be back

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I've been to Simplicity twice now, once for the most amazing knocchi and then with a group of 16 for dinner. Service was excellent, food was delightful and the renovations makes it a really nice place to relax and enjoy the food.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We dropped in on a Saturday without a reservation and were given a table for four. Brunch was still being served until 2pm, so one person in our party ordered the frittata with goat cheese. This came with a side salad and warm baguette and was delicious - fresh, hot and tasty. Another ordered the chicken burger which was more like a chicken breast grilled and served on a bun - again very delicious. The others ordered the special which was a pulled pork sandwich. Our party of four were all very happy with their choices. The service was excellent and the price very reasonable considering the quality of the food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank cinderella50
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Did research on the internet and found this nice, cozy newly opened restaurant in Thornbury. We ordered a warm mushroom salad with argula. It was really good. I had pot au feu. It tasted amazing with a lot of sauce so I asked for an extra bread to finish all sauce. We had a pear with red wine sauce and blue cheese as dessert. It was excellent too. I really like this restaurant. However, when I looked at the bill, they charged me extra for the bread. It is one small thing I don't like about. Overall it is a nice dining experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We made a reservation for this restaurant after being steered to it from the owners of the B&B we were staying at. So glad we took their advice. It was fantastic. We shared an order of scallops with this cream sauce with carmalized onions, bacon and apples, just amazing. I had the duck with sweet potatoe gnocchi, it was so delicious. My husband had the smoked ribs and he raved about them. Also I had two martini's and the appletini was the best! Our bill for 3 drinks, one appitizer and two entrees was $90 plus tip. Unbelievable value, we can't wait to go back!

1  Thank DottieHSlip