“Great Food Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dam Pub Gastropub

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Red Seal Chef Suzette Gerry's culinary delights, over 665 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended. YES when you see that little yellow airplane pulling a banner saying THEDAMPUB.CA-ALL DESSERTS HOMEMADE ...... that is us!
“Great Food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Had the pan seared white fish with spinach salad and the sloppy haggis. The salad was awesome and the haggis was good though a bit too rich. Courtney was our server and was friendly and prompt. Will definitely go back.

Toronto, Canada
“Great Time at the Dam Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited the Dam Pub with my family and grandchildren. We enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The kids loved their chicken wings and Bruce the bartender made two special Shirley Temple drinks for them. The staff and service was excellent.

• Visited June 2014
Orangeville, Canada
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. Drinks and dinner and great atmosphere. The staff was excellent and service exceptional.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food, outstanding service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

These guys know how to cook. I had a wickedly tasty red pepper soup as an appetizer and the shepard's pie as my main; first time trying that kind of pie and dam was it good. I mean, the second that goodness met with my chompahs, it was like my tongue was having a party and all of my taste buds were dancing to the tune of absolute scrumptiousness.

Was I satisfied? Undoubtably, yes.

Our server, Heather, was super friendly and did stellar job of serving us. We had a table of nine and she took our orders as soon as we were ready. The timing couldn't have been better; I was diving into a pool of roasted red pepper deliciousness before I knew it and was given my main (the shepards pie) just as I began to think about eating again. It was like my mind was being read or something.
**May want to consider wearing a tin foil hat if you're against having your thoughts read.

Also, had the banana foster for dessert - getting that every time I go from now on!

Double also, they have gluten free options. More than just a few. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Bottom line: would most definitely return with friends and family time and time again.

Sarnia, Canada
“Great food. Server needs to avoid using the term 'we'.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our party of five dropped in for a late lunch on July 16. We were seated quickly inside, as the weather was cool, windy and threatening rain. Our server was very attentive and helpful, however, we all very much dislike being called 'darling' and absolutely hate it when a server uses the term 'we', as in how are 'we' doing?, have 'we' made a decision?, do 'we' have any questions about the menu?!! That being said, the food was great, reasonably priced and portions were generous. The atmosphere was very 'pubby' and seeing all 703 bottles of whisky displayed was awesome. Would go back again next time we are in the area.

• Visited July 2014