“lovely place”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Red Seal Chef Suzette Gerry's culinary delights, over 665 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended. YES when you see that little yellow airplane pulling a banner saying THEDAMPUB.CA-ALL DESSERTS HOMEMADE ...... that is us!
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“lovely place”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

had researched DP on tripadvisor prior to going there and was expecting something special and indeed it was... very friendly staff and so was the owner who happened to be there as well, loads of atmosphere and the selection of scotch is absolutely amazing.
its the kind of place that the locals hang out and we ended up having a nice chat with a couple of gentleman seated behind us, the proprietor finally told them to "leave those people alone and let them eat!"
we had such an enjoyable afternoon there and they were quite tickled to know that we had previewed their menu online and that my husband had decided to have Haggis! I had a pie which was really good as well...
we drove down from the Blue mountains resort and the drive was worth it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Misky L

Georgian Bay, Canada
“What a Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I played as part of the band performing at the Robbie Burns celebration tonight visiting for the first time and I have to say I was mightily impressed. The place is so comfy and cozy, has a real authentic pub atmosphere, the staff is warm and friendly, food is delish, the selection of whiskies is second to none. All in all a place I will return to for special occasions and I am already planning to sail to the town of Thornbury with similar minded friends, leave the boat at the marina and walk there so we can truly indulge ourselves.

• Visited January 2014
Saint Thomas, Canada
“We had a great time”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

THE PUB BAR, THORNBURY. We went into the pub on a spur of the moment decisions as we were walking and it was so cold! What else can warm you up but I little nip of whiskey. The food was great even though it was just a hamburger. Then we proceeded to the onion rings. They are about the best we have tasted and then we proceed to bread pudding. Oooooohhhh it was delicious. All the while patti our server was so nice, cheery, pleasant and informative. We had plenty of laughs and she recommended other places to see this week. We are here for a week but rest assured we will stop by again for another afternoon of great food, sharing laughs with our server Patti and just a plain old Good time to be had by all. THE PUB BAR. YEAH!
The Ollson/Porter Clan

• Visited March 2013
Waterloo, Canada
“My favourite pub anywhere”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was my second visit to Thornbury, drawn by The Dam Pub both times. The whisky collection is the calling card for me, and the great people and great food seal the deal. This weekend a friend and I visited the pub three times; Friday night for dinner (the lamb shank was perfect for a wintery night!) and a few nips, Saturday for a nip before dinner, and again for drinks after dinner. Stephanie and the serving staff made my friend and me feel perfectly at home and welcome, with great recos of whiskies to taste test. Friendly people to chat with at the bar too. And now we have cards listing what we've tasted waiting for us for our next visit. It was a year since my last visit; it'll have to be sooner for the next one. Thanks for great food, great drink, great service, and an overall great time!

• Visited January 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Great New Year's Eve Experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We've been hearing about how great The Dam Pub is for years, and we thought that New Year's would be a fun time to give it a try. From making the reservation to the final settling of the bill, we had a great experience, and we will definitely be back. It was worth the drive from Hamilton! The scotch menu is fantastic, and the service is amazing.

New Year's Eve is generally not the best time to review any restaurant, but The Dam Pub did an excellent job on a very busy night. We were greeted promptly at the front door by a friendly staff member and shown to a table in the main dining room. The pace of service was relaxed, which we loved: there were breaks between the courses, and lots of time to actually sit back and enjoy the cozy atmosphere and conversation while enjoying our scotch.

The menu for New Year's Eve was an abridged one because of the volume of customers, but there was still a good amount of choice: 4 appetizers and 5 entrees. My partner had the Caesar salad, which was served in a Phillo pastry bowl. It was an interesting presentation, and he was happy with it. I had the coconut shrimp: there were 7 pieces, and they were massive. We both opted for the prime rib entree, and neither of us were disappointed. We each got a huge piece of meat, perfectly cooked and tender, with a large Yorkshire pudding and fresh seasonal vegetables. It was a meat-and-potatoes meal done right. Very tasty. For dessert, we ordered their chocolate pate, which was also very good: it was like a ganache, soft and creamy. The wine selection isn't large, but they have some good options, and they are reasonably priced. We were happy with the 2011 Bordeaux we ordered.

We can't wait to go back: we have to work on filling up our scotch card! Thank you for an amazing New Year's Eve!

• Visited December 2013