“Really nice”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Chef Rob Lussier's culinary delights, over 850 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took my mother there last week for her birthday. Atmosphere is really nice. Their whiskey list is unrivaled in this area. Very cool bar! They even had Innes and Gunn on tap! Service was great. Food was great. Will definitely make this a "go to " location! A person would really have to be in a bad mood before going here or maybe their competition? to give it less than 4 stars! Cheers!

1  Thank Oilexec
Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is very nice to hear that you are happy with our Pub.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Always an amazing experience !! From food to service to scotch! The atmosphere and very friendly servers always make it perfect.

Gord P, Manager at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our Pub. We all appreciate it.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

As an "airline" brat, I have had the good fortune to travel the world. Recently stopped into the Dam Pub and was blown away by the atmosphere (amazing live music, cozy environment and cool stuff to look at), the food and the staff were exceptional! The menu is awesome and offered a wide but carefully crafted selection. Since everything is made from scratch, don't expect a "10 minutes or its free" franchise approach and the attention to detail is so worth it! I had prime rib with the biggest, best yorkshire pudding ever YUMMM!

Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our pub. If you are happy... we are happy.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Havent been here in over a year but found the food to be overated and overpriced. I think they use the term "chef" quite loosely. Loved the large selection of whiskey but a dinner for two will cost well over $120 if you get wine. I would expect more for that price.

2  Thank Richard B
Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your opinion of our Pub. I am glad to see that you like our selection of whiskies! We hope one day to have over 1000. It will take a while since most are single cask single malts and our patrons are drinking them as fast as we can find them.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I love everything about this place, from the fabulous music to the delicious food! The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the service the same. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to see, including the amazing collection of Scotch whiskeys (I had no idea there were so many!).
I've only been twice, and both times the food was really good, and plenty of it! Even the veggies were yummy! I only wish I lived closer; it would definitely be my hangout!

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your taking some time to do this. We are very happy to do our best to cater to anyone who has allergies or special needs. Yes.........our Pub family is a family affair.