“Great Food and Service”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Red Seal Chef Suzette Gerry's culinary delights, over 665 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended. YES when you see that little yellow airplane pulling a banner saying THEDAMPUB.CA-ALL DESSERTS HOMEMADE ...... that is us!
Port Elgin
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was on my way with family to Collingwood and we decided to stop in Thornbury for lunch. I had seen on TV the show Eats and The Dam Pub had great recommendations. Well they were right.
The squash soup was delicious, the turkey sandwich was tasty and very plentiful with the turkey, the hamburger was homemade and the dessert bread pudding is a must and can be shared.
The service was great and the server was very pleasant. Price was very reasonable for what you are getting. Also they have take-out fare and I took a steak and kidney pie home for my husband and i was absolutely delicious. Cannot make a comment on the beer or numerous whiskey being we did not have a drink. This place is a definite must and I will eat there again.

• Visited March 2013

London, Canada
“My Dam Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was introduced to The Dam Pub recently and had one of the most extraordinary experiences I have ever encountered at a restaurant. This Pub is something special with its warm atmosphere, excellent customer service and outstanding traditional scottish food. A true one of a kind find, I look forward to the next time.

• Visited December 2012
“Great pub fayre”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Not a gastro pub by my standards and happy about it. Great pub fayre, fish n' chips, steak pie etc. If you go, have a look at the corner of the restaraunt where there isa dedication to the owners father from the second worlds war. Very impressive. Enjoy

Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Many thanks for the kind words. When my dad passed away I found a lot of mementos in the basement. Like most men of that era who experience the war, there was little conversation about it.
Ancaster
“"love the mussels"”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

my brother-in-law and I arrived hungry for lunch last saturday after skiing....we drank a professionally-poured black 'n tan beer, shared generous portions of the mussels and spinach salad...excellent flavour...well priced...will return often...make sure you order extra bread for the mussels sauce...Dr. John

• Visited February 2013
Caledon,Ont.
“I wasn't surprised !”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I wasn't surprised to see "The Dam Pub" on "You've Got To Eat Here".I love to drive up to the lovely little town of Thornbury and have a delicious meal at this pub.The prime rib and yorkshire pudding dinner is amazing as is the lamb shanks.The staff are very friendly and always greet you with a smile. It is well worth the drive from Caledon.

• Visited December 2012