“Love the bread pudding”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Red Seal Chef Suzette Gerry's culinary delights, over 665 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended. YES when you see that little yellow airplane pulling a banner saying THEDAMPUB.CA-ALL DESSERTS HOMEMADE ...... that is us!
Waterloo, Canada
“Love the bread pudding”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I went for the Scotch but loved everything about this place the service, the atmosphere, the food and especially dessert. We had the sloppy haggis, a twist on an old favourite sloppy joes, and bangers and mash, both were excellent. But my favourite dessert, bread pudding, came bathed in creme anglaise and was unbelievably good. Over the course of our meal we had 4 "nips" of Scotch and filled out our tasting record they keep on file for us, 14 more and we get a free "nip"

Ontario, Canada
“You really do have to eat there”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

On a quiet boxing day in Thornbury, we were looking for place to have a little down time from the grandchildren. We walked up the hill on Bruce St. after looking in all the store windows because they were closed, and behold, there sat The Dam Pub. Being of Scottish decent, I had to try it and my wife was in agreement. It's a quaint old house turned into 5 or more seating rooms. There was just one other couple when we arrived just after opening for lunch. We sat in the tap room and marveled at all the whiskies stored in racks around the room, at last count some 650 varieties of whisky. They are not all scotch, they have 4 choices of Jack Daniels Tennessee sipping whisky.
The lunch menu had some interesting choices with a Scottish influence. My wife had Mussels in Coconut Thai Curry sauce and I had a Sloppy Haggus. On tap was my wife's favourite, Stella Artois and I had an Alexander Keith's Red draft.
We both had the soup of the day, a good homemade tomatoe. The mussels were excellent and the curry didn't rip your tongue out. The Sloppy Haggus was made with hashed lamb and gravy on the side and fries. It was yummie. Just what you need on a cold winters day.
We enjoyed our downtime and the friendliness of the staff and vowed that the next time that we are back in the area, we will come back to try one of those flights of scotches that they offer.
Our family had never tried The Dam Pub and they live nearby. They are going to try it after our recommendation and will report back.
They have an on-line newsletter that keeps us up to date on activities and we've already received our first issue.
I gotta see this place when it's packed with patrons.
KB

Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your lengthily write-up on our Pub and also the very kind words. We value your opinion. I hope that you will visit us again soon.
Thornbury, Ontario, Canada
“Cozy”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Consistently good home cooked comfort food, great service, warm atmosphere. A unique pub experience decorated with hundreds of scotch bottles in a woodsy atmosphere

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Thornbury_Couple
Thornbury, ONtario, Canada
“Local Thornbury resident”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I find the Service to be fast, the servers very friendly, the food to be top notch with
good proportions. Every time I visit 'the Dam Pub' I have a great time and even learned
"how to properly order and drink A GOOD SCOTCH".

Toronto, Canada
“A Great Night Out”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had an amazing meal there over the Christmas holidays. There were 14 of us and they were able to accomodate all of us. The food was much more than we had expected, many of us had the lamb shank, I know I'll be comparing any lamb I have elsewhere against it!! We all would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank sandy w