“wow!”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Chef Rob Lussier's culinary delights, over 900 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been eating,drinking,socializing and hanging at The Dam Pub in Thornbury for a few years now and must say that there are few if not any eating and drinking establishments in the area where you will find finer fare, a list of whiskeys that will astound you, a more lovely proprietor who not only welcomes you but makes your experience in her house special and memorable, a staff that compliments everything about the place, a chef who is always looking for ways to wow her guests and an atmosphere that takes you to the highlands and lowlands of some far away place called Scotland!

please treat yourself. you will nay be disappointed!!!!!

1  Thank markhomey

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Pub was highlighted on "You Gotta Eat Here". It talked about their bread pudding so I had to try it. It was delicous and a huge portion..Could definitely feed 2 for dessert..My husband loved the bangers and mash with beans. I also had a bowl of their potatoe cabbage soup and it was delicious..It's worth the drive!
We ate on the patio which was nice. The Pub inside has alot of antiques and is pretty cozy.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was my 2nd whiskey tasting @ The Dam Pub. Stephanie Price shows such knowledge & passion as she introduces 3 of her whiskey pics to the interested patrons once a month. A true experience for new & seasoned whiskey drinkers!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Whiskey tasting, or just have a beer fun times to be had by all.
Right in downtown Thornbury great location.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've been here twice. Service was poor the first time but good the second. On the first visit (dinner), I had the mussels to start (fantastic!) and the lamb shank as a main (tough and chewy and disappointing). The second time I went was for lunch. I just stuck with the mussels. The sauce is fantastic (coconut curry). Hubby liked his soup. Thornbury is such a pretty town, it's nice to have good spot to stop for lunch.

1  Thank Creepela
Gord P, Owner at The Dam Pub Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

My apologies for responding to your review in such a tardy fashion. I have just now been going over our reviews and I am very concerned about this one. Firstly I apologize for our misgivings. It sounds like we were having one of those days. If you visit again, (I hope you will) please be aware that we like to look after these sort of problems on the spot. Please ask to speak to the manager. It is our family policy that all shortcomings are addressed satisfactorily on the spot. Thank you. We value your opinion.