“Good food but not so good service”
Review of Bruce Wine Bar

Bruce Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bruce Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tuesday thru Sunday. Serving Lunch and dinner from 11:30 to closing. Later on weekends July and August open daily from 11:30 to close
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The good is excellent but our server could use a lesson in service. She did not into reduce herself, she seemed annoyed when we were asking what drinks were available. Once she took our order she went back to the next table where she had a couple of friends to finish he drink. One of the pizzas was late coming out but she never came to let us know ...I thought they forgot do I got up from the table to ask. The tip was included in our bill otherwise I would not have offered a top. Too bad.

2  Thank TheTravellerV

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A nice surprise for a relatively small town.. a little too much wood in the restaurant but ignore that, we were there for the food. The appetizers were great but we were there for the pizza.. which were two of the best pizzas we have had in a very long time. Nice thin pizza from a wood fire oven with fresh toppings.. excellent... although a wine bar, they had a nice selection of micro beers which I enjoyed very much.. I certainly would go again and again...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Food is really amazing and the decor is very cool. Had great service every time I have been to this restaurant. The only problem is that we love to eat outside in the summer and the patio is very limited with no view......but the view inside is awesome!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

From the superb service to the live music and authentic atmosphere, it was no surprise the food was to die for. Bruce's has a wonderful, fresh and local menu with flavors thought up by a foodie genius. Our meal was of great value and absolutely delicious. Definitely a stop to go to next time at the cottage.

steven v, Owner at Bruce Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks for your kind words Allise. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been here several times and every time the pizza has been consistently great. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients and the dough is thin and crispy. The atmosphere is great, good wine list and I have never had a problem with service. Their appetizers are also good. My friend had the Elk special and said it was spectacular. I've only eaten the pizza and can say its as good as anything else I've tried. Its not the cheapest pizza but well worth it. Try the truffle pizza, you won't be disappointed even though its expensive.

Thanks for your kind words Allise. We look forward to your next visit.