“Outstanding car museum”

Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Paraparaumu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am not a car buff like my husband, but out of all the car museums we have visited world wide this must be one of the best. Set amongst beautiful grounds, plenty of free parking, take time to visit this well kept museum will lots of very interesting very well kept cars. They now have a down stairs cafe bar which far outshines the upstairs cafe. The cafe upstairs which we have been to twice is very disappointing

1  Thank PaulineTAntrum

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This museum is awkwardly placed in the rural fringes of Wellington, but is well worth the journey. The collection of vehicles is superb by any standards, and they are kept clean and well displayed. They are welcoming of photographers, more so than any other museum I have ever visited.

1  Thank BHarmer
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to visit if your into cars and bikes. A lot of the vehicles have pits so you can actually see the underneath of a lot of the cars which enhances the experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Sir Len Southward was a wonderful forward thinking mand and I remember watching him racing "Red Head" in Evans bay when I was very young.
We have been to Southwards Car museum many times and we always enjoy it , we have taken many overseas guests and they have been astounded.
Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fantastic, just as good as I remember, my children loved it too. Cafe was nice, bit outdated but the food was fine and the service was good.