“Best Seafood Chowder”

180 Degrees
Ranked #41 of 72 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Cuisines: Cafe, International, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Close the cafe at 30 nov 2016
villahermosa
“Best Seafood Chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Get fantasitc views of Kapiti while you eat one of their yummy dishes. Service is a bit slow at times, but the food makes up for it

Visited May 2013

“never again..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went in for a coffee on sunday afternoon. It looked as if they did not like to have customers.The coffee was not bad. From the ordered cakes we got only half the size of a normal piece. The tables around us weren't cleaned yet from the visitors before. Everything, from the salt and pepper on the table to the floor was dirty, but the worst was the absolut filthy looking person who served us.
A shame for a location on such a nice spot right at the beach!

• Visited March 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Seaside Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The name describes the vibrant view of the ocean, Kapiti Island, and the various foreshore activities. We had Sunday lunch, the menu was varied with brunch and lunch choices of tasty light food. We found the service a bit slow, we were given a menu, then had to go to the counter to ask someone to serve us. We offered to get our own water, but were told it was coming. It never did.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Makaroni
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Food was absolutely amazingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was great value for money. The staff seemed a little frazzled and disorganised but the food was awesome

Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Abrupt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have often been to this restaurant as its in an ideal location, and there is no getting away from the fact that the food looks good.

I visited there this week with a friend and went to sit on a chair which admittedly did look a bit dodgy and as I sat on it so it collapsed. I fell to the floor and hurt my hip ( which is a concern as I suffer from Osteoporosis ) . Another customer was very kind and made a point of checking to see if I was OK and he pointed out the member of staff who had obviously seen my fall but continued to read her magazine and eat her lunch. When my lunch eventually came he spoke to another member of staff and said I think it would be nice if you gave those two ladies a free coffee. She had obviously seen the fall, but she said " Its not my fault, I didn't know the chair was broken " and proceeded to walk off without as much as an apology or a word of concern. To be so rude and abrupt was totally unprofessional , what a way to treat a customer !!!

Visited December 2012