“Ho hum”

Description: Close the cafe at 30 nov 2016
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Ho hum”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We lunched at 180 Degrees and weren't overly impressed. My cream of tomato soup tasted nice enough but it was too salty and concentrated tasting and only came with one (not very big piece of bread). Conversely, the cakes and slices are ridiculously large - apart from my teenage son (who eats everything in sight), none of us got close to finishing the portions. I'd rather a lower price and smaller serving.

My caramel slice wasn't nice - very, very thick stodgy pastry and masses of overly sweet filling (which probably would have been okay if the portion had been far smaller).

Although the counter staff were friendly, the waitress was unfriendly and brusque.

• Visited January 2012

“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stopped here for lunch, the staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than me, but after I eventually attracted their attention even though I was stood right in front of them I got a menu. I was advised that the cafe was table service, so I sat down - this was obviously the wrong thing to do as I seemed to be completely ignored for about 10 minutes (it wasn't busy). So I walked up to the counter and interrupted the staffs chat to order my food, I ordered a squid salad and a coke. The food arrived quite quickly and the squid salad was very good, however it took two further requests to get my coke (in a can). So to sum up, the food was very good, the price was reasonable, the place is comfortable, has a great view but the staff need to learn customer service - trust me I'm not demanding (I was there on a quiet Friday lunch time, 2 staff were serving and there were about 8 other people in there) so should have been better.

1 Thank cmbrowne
Singapore, Singapore
“Yummy food, service slow at the weekends”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great coffee and you have to try their amazing cheese scones. Came here a few times during my stay and always had lovely food. Had breakfast on Sunday and the eggs benedict was fab, but the 50 min wait was a bit frustrating.

• Visited August 2011