“Saturday Brunch in TA”

The Redoubt Bar and Eatery
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Te Awamutu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locally themed bar and eatery, which is guaranteed to make your day better. Great New Zealand fare, tap beer, live music and good times.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The brunch on the way home from Te Kuiti after a wedding on Valentines day was well deserved & needed. Just what the doctor ordered especially the "grill".
Very yummy. Tasted great & friendly staff.
Nice atmosphere too!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stopped here for a lunch on the way to Hobbiton. Fish of the day and shrimp cocktail were very good. Wouldn't order pizza here especially if you were to Italy. Service was good and timely. A nice place for lunch.

Bridie880, Owner at The Redoubt Bar and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately I think this was meant for The Redoubt Matamata. As here in Te Awamutu we don't have a shrimp cocktail or fish of the day on our menu.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had a nice evening at the Redoubt. Service was nice and friendly. Nice atmosphere and decor. Food was average though, but I guess it that's what you get for pub grub. My partner had the pork belly which was like rubber. He took it back and didn't have to pay so it's nice they sorted it for him.

Bridie880, Owner at The Redoubt Bar and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed the 'Redoubt Experience', of our atmosphere and friendly staff. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the pork belly, this is one of our most popular dishes , but am glad my staff were able to sort that for you. I hope you will come back again and perhaps give our menu, in particular the pork belly another try as I'm certain you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I enjoyed the atmosphere here. Food and drinks were tasty. This place gets too packed with drunks on a Friday night but I enjoy a week day dinner or Sunday Pizza! Staff were great.

Hi Kloe,
Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you appreciated and enjoyed the atmosphere,our food and drinks all something we work hard to achieve.
I am sorry you thought our Friday night's were full of drunks! Friday night's for us are always super busy with live entertainment, and I assure you we are VERY strict on not tolerating intoxication. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Tuesday evening with girlfriends - lovely meal, friendly service. Good selection of food. Really busy for a Tuesday night - great to see an eatery so busy. I had a tapas entree, lamb salad as a main and a dessert. They have full on meals and pizza as well as lighter meals to enable dessert to be eaten! I will definitely be back.

Hi, just wanted to thank-you for your review! I am very pleased you and you girlfriends enjoyed the full 'Redoubt Experience'. You mentioned that it was busy for a Tuesday night, in the future it often pays to place a reservation just to insure you will get a table. :)
I look forward to seeing you again soon.