“Good stay with helpful staff and clean tidy rooms”
Review of Rosetown Motel

Rosetown Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Te Awamutu
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Good stay with helpful staff and clean tidy rooms”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stopped here enroute Waitomo - Auckland. Very adequate and reasonbaly priced and looking around the area is probably one of the best VFM motels to stay in. The rooms are pretty large and all the systems worked well inlcuding a small amount of free wifi.
Manager/Owner was very helpful and pointed us towards an excellent fish and chip shop close by.

All in all just what we expected and perfect for what we needed.

Recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Zealand
Reviewed January 1, 2014

As an ex Executive Housekeeper I have very high standards with the cleanliness of an accommodation provider. Rosetown Motel didn't disappoint and I have nothing but good things to say. From my reservation, check in, stay and check out the service was friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and the bedding of a very high quality. I will certainly be staying at Rosetown Motel during future visits to TA. Thanks to you and the HK team for the wonderful service you provide.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bumblb22
Fox Cities, Wisc
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice, friendly all around motel. Check-in was a breeze and the gentleman who checked us in was super friendly. There were 5 of us traveling so we had a 2 bedroom unit. Beds were super comfy, great pillows. Kitchen is bit dated but very functional and clean.

My only concern, the shower. We were traveling with my 75 year old mother-in-law. She declined to take a shower at the motel for two reasons. The step to get in and out of the shower was too high for her. Also, the shower had a metal bottom (stainless steel maybe?). When it got wet and then covered with soap, it was very slippery!! We did found a floor mat for the shower under the bathroom sink but it was old and icky looking, not something I wanted to put my feet on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PolskaMama4
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and bringing my attention to the bathmat and shower in your unit.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that your mother-in-law was subjected to. The bath mats don't get used very often and I hadn't noticed how old and dated they were. I am now replacing them all with new ones.

The showers do have quite a high step into them which can be difficult for older folk. I am working my way through the motel and redesigning the showers by dropping the step down to floor level so that they will be safer to use. The stainless steel base will be replaced with a white base which are now available, so we shouldn't have this problem again.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at the Rosetown Motel on a Sunday in July because my flight was cancelled. They had 1 room available, and I took it. I checked in about 6:30 pm, and the staff were absolutely wonderful. They helped me with everything, and went above and beyond all expectations continuously! They helped me with my internet, even offering to let me use a personal computer when mine wasn't working. They also advised me on where I could get food sent in, as I did not have a vehicle. With their help, I managed to book another flight leaving Hamilton very early the next morning. They gave me numbers to call to book a shuttle or taxi to the airport, but when NOT ONE shuttle was available on such short notice, and the Taxi company was closed (as it was Sunday), the owner drove to the taxi driver's house to see if he'd be willing to take me. She said if he wasn't, then she would. Thanks to her, I had a restful night, and caught my flight out the next day. These people truly care about their customers!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your transport problems and I am so pleased that everything was resolved so that you could have a good nights sleep before continuing your journey.
Best regards
Cheryl
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and extended family stayed here and it was absolutely wonderful as was the rooms and the service we received. Prior to going to Te Awamutu I was in contact with Cheryl over our requirements as we had a family function in town and there were 6 family's that were coming from Auckland and Rotorua. Cheryl was great accommodated us all and even where one big family needed a double unit we were given the option of two rooms at a discounted price. When we got there we were welcomed by Cheryl's lovely sister and she made sure everything was ready for us. She told us to use the BBQ pull it out into the courtyard if we wanted and if we needed to swap dishes around from room to room we could do that and they would just put them back in the morning, she really made us feel like we were at home it was great!!!! Lovely stay wish it could of been for longer next time I'm in TA I will stay here again for sure and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone that wants to be in a home away from home LOVELY!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your comments. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the Rosetown Motel and that my sister took good care of you whilst I was away. It is lovely to see families getting together and taking advantage of the facilities we have to offer as our aim is to provide that home away from home atmosphere where everyone can relax and have a good time. I look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

With the help of the owner of the Albert Park Motel we arrived at the Rosetown. We received a lovely welcome from Cheryl and felt at home straight away. The unit was very comfortable with everything we needed.Cheryl was also kind enough to book our next Motel, which was a great help. I can not recommend The Rosetown Motel too highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jann W
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Jan it was so nice to see you when you arrived and I am pleased you found everything to your satisfaction. It is always nice to meet new people and be able to provide them with a warm and friendly welcome and do everything we can to make the journey a pleasant experience. I hope you enjoyed the next motel and you had a great trip back home. Hope to see you again someday.
nelson
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long day driving this was a welcome stop. Very welcoming, helpful and obliging hostess (we needed a freezer and she let us use hers). The unit was very clean and had all the items needed to be self sufficient. Would be a great spot from which to base oneself while seeing the region

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our motel met your expectations and we managed to keep your frozen goods in tact for another day. I hope they arrived home in perfect condition. It was fun chatting to you and comparing bucket lists - who knows, we may meet again on one of the journeys we plan to do. Enjoy your travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Te Awamutu
#1 of 2 in Waitomo Caves
Glow Worm Motel
Glow Worm Motel
#2 of 5 in Waitomo Caves

Been to Rosetown Motel? Share your experiences!