“Impressed”

Ranked #2 of 7 Tokoroa B&B and Inns
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this motel before reading the reviews, and tried to cancel. So glad I didn't. The two bed roomed unit was spacious and comfortable. The lounge was so huge, I was able to hold a business meeting there. The kitchen was fully equipped with a good supply of quality tea and coffee sachets, and fresh milk. The unit came with a 50cm wall TV, its own washing machine/laundry area and the bathroom like the rest of the layout was very spacious. At $123.00 pn, sleeping six - this represented value for money. The owner Karen was friendly and helpful, calling me back with instructions when we got lost.What was a bit off was the flies that seemed to be plaguing all of Tokoroa - not just the motel.Could be a seasonal thingy. I'm going back again as I was impressed.Only thing missing...WIFI!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade during low - mid season
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rosina H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ealing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Booked by work, I checked in with a certain amount of trepidation, but the owner is friendly, and if you get one of the newly renovated rooms pretty good. Large flat screen, basic kitchen facilities, internet if wanted & clean. It is a bit spartan, but not overly so, and a darn sight quieter than the other motels that are nearer State Highway 1. Could do with a spare blanket for colder nights, but beds fitted with electric blanket.

Room Tip: Just ask for a renovated one!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank karenandtim
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

We constantly ran out of hot water, there were flies for which we had to buy fly spray and I am pretty sure our unit was previously for smokers as I could smell smoke in the bedding. We had to buy our own milk and there was very little furniture. We were moved from one unit to the only one right next to the reception which had it's outside light on ALL night and this kept me awake. For a double bed with no kitchenette and a small table we paid $103 per night. I wouldn't pay this amount in my home town which is a major city. The service was mediocre at best

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank traveller11255115
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

First impressions were not good, and neither was the second. First in took (literally) weeks before i got response regards availability. They claimed they had a computer malfunction. When I did arrive (in person), the receptionist was more intent on talking on her cell phone than advising me of my room. I got a key (the wrong one) thrust at me, and sent packing (whilst still conversing on the phone). It is the very first time I had to purchase my own milk, which meant another four liometer journey into town. The motel is probably the most distant one from Tokoroa itself.
The furniture (very simple at that) was so highly polished, my suitcase virtually slid off the dresser, and my laptop, slid all over the table.
Walls are very basic cinder block. Many basics were also missing, like a guest manual; sink plug or, for that matter any dishwashing utensils (other than a tea towel).
I would not bother going back there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank FyingKiwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tokoroa
No photo provided
Alpha Homestead
#6 of 7 in Tokoroa
Lake Maraetai Lodge
Lake Maraetai Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mangakino
Okoroire Hot Springs Hotel

Been to Amisfield Motel? Share your experiences!