“Simply Stunning”

Queenstown, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I work on the road and therefore have visited restaurants, bars and hotels around the entire country. I have experienced a variety of food options, accommodations and, having worked in fine dining previously, I am discerning in regards to customer service standards. When you meet hosts like Simon and James though, it's hard not to be inspired; by their obvious passion and dedication to both their project and the people who come through the door, by their commitment to showcase fresh, local produce, and by the flair for interior design and decoration evident in the setting. I worked in hospitality for 6 years, and, although I love my career immensely, sitting at Land's End watching the world go by made me want to spend a LOT more time there. This spot can't be beaten for a romantic dinner, a special occasion, a great coffee or a social platter along with a glass of fantastic New Zealand wine. I didn't stay the night, but they showed me into the rooms upstairs, and I was very impressed. I have already booked my parents in for Mum's birthday in May, and I know she's going to love it! I know for sure I will be back to visit again, and will be looking forward to it. Thanks!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Erin C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Gorgeous views with food and wine to match”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We travelled to Bluff to view the scenery and happened upon this newly renovated and recreated B&B and restaurant. The food was lovely and fresh, though there was a worthwhile wait. The service was very friendly and we would recommend this to our friends.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank H G
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful, charming atmosphere, newly renovated with gorgeous hosts”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this fabulous boutique guesthouse and restaurant at the end of our touring holiday in the South Island. We were welcomed by the hosts as if we were old friends. Our interest was sparked by an article in paper celebrating the recent opening of their guesthouse and decided to pop in for supper. We were impressed by the attention to every detail. Their boutique style is coupled with a lot of thought and effort with the menu and wine list and we were not disappointed. NZ is known for its boutique accommodation, food and wine and this is up there with the best.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Megan B
Denver CO
“Stunning views with food to match!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Located in Bluff on the southern tip of the South Island, Lands End Bistro has a quaint sea cottage feel reminiscent of it's namesake.

With the full dinner menu only available Thurs-Sat to focus on fresh food, our Sunday arrival did not leave us disappointed as a variety of platters were still available. Settling on pizza, our attention was consumed by unique ocean waves forming over the sandbar and food was served before we knew it. With pizza bring a favorite of mine this gourmet style takes the cake, worth traveling to one of the southern most restaurants in the world for.

Definitely a must if you are traveling in New Zealand!

• Visited December 2013