“Just okay...”
Review of Food Trip

Food Trip
Ranked #31 of 42 Restaurants in Matamata
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking for something fresh a vibrant for lunch and from the outside Food trip looked inviting.
I had Bao buns and BBQ chicken....
The buns were ok but lacked flavour and punch. The chicken was average.... I think it was from yesterday’s cook. The salad was dull and old, the rice was a small portion but cooked well.
Overall disappointing as I had heard good things. The food needs to be much fresher.
I’ll be Food trippin’ somewhere else.
Sorry.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed August 26, 2019

I just heard about Food Trip a few days ago and decided to give it a try today, opting for the bao buns and prawn dumplings. Both were nothing short of exceptionally good. The other food on offer also looked stunning.
The lady serving is very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be going back for more!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019

I went here to have a catch up with a friend. This is not cuisine I am used to but will certainly go back. I had the bao buns, which were gorgeous. Just yummy. While they don't have your traditional NZ coffee and tea, what they offer is very nice. I tried the red bubble tea and really enjoyed it. The staff are very pleasant and cheerful.

Date of visit: August 2019