“Standard Cafe”

L&P Cafe & Bar
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Paeroa
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Standard Café fare
Lots of seating for friends, families, groups, buses
a bit expensive
clean and tidy
lovely service

There are newer reviews for L&P Cafe & Bar

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ended up here on Boxing Day because we were told that the lovely 'Refinery' that we wanted to go to had closed down - hopefully not forever. But just wanting somewhere clean and with a good choice of food, the L&P Cafe & Bar was our only alternative. I had tried several in Paeroa on previous occasions and experienced stodgy food, bad coffee, or we couldnt speak over the noise of the coffee machine). L&P Cafe is just a big cafeteria and lacks any atomosphere with average run of the mill 'on the run' food. My companions enjoyed their meat pie and it is clean and the staff were lovely.but someone didnt get my order right.. I asked for scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast.and ended up with soggy white toast. (ugh) Asked for a double shot of coffee with lots of milk - got the double shot but not enough milk. I was given a small jug (cold) and the coffee ended up luke warm. But hey - those lovely employees having to work on Boxing Day - I appreciated that they were there for us and that they did their best.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having been to many cafes, I am always so pleased to return to the L&P Cafe. The choice of breakfast and brunch meals, along with cabinet food selection, is extensive. The dinner menu appeals as well. The owners and staff are always friendly.

SB

1  Thank shirley b
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great food, including L&P icecream. There are papers and magazines to read, and it is attached to the i-Site which has internet and a very good range of souvenirs. The only downside was the concrete floor which made the place a bit cold and institutional.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can't believe that previous people have commented that this place is vaue for money, compared to Auckland prices. The only reason we eat at L & P's is because our mother lives in Paeroa and there is nowhere else to go for a meal at night. If they were in Auckland they would have closed up long ago. It's amazing what we all put up with when there's nowhere else to go.
There's no love in the food produced there, at all!

2  Thank Louise S