“Lunch and Tour” 4 of 5 stars

Kasbah Tamadot
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Asni
“Lunch and Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Recommended by a colleague, we made the 45min journey from Marrakech to Asni to have lunch here. It was well worth the journey out. We made reservations the night before and when we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the hotel staff who offered us a tour of the hotel before our lunch. It's a beautiful beautiful hotel with immaculate landscaping. The hotel staff even showed us an unoccupied tent just so we could see what it looked it. He was also very patient as we stopped at different intervals to take photos.
Food was good (menu wasn't extensive) but quality was good and it was tasty. The view from the terrace where we had lunch was unique to say the least. We paid about 120 euros for 4 people, without wine.

Overall well worth the trip out and highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HanJS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here. It is a superb hotel in an amazing setting. It's described as 'Branson's Moroccan Retreat'. So it supposed to be quiet and relaxing. And it really is that. The staff are fantastic, across the board. And you really do come away completely refreshed. Of it's kind, it's perhaps the best hotel I've stayed in. Top to bottom - it's faultless.

1 Thank charles c
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

A very warm welcome from Vincent and the rest of the staff signalled the start of a very relaxing 4 day break away from the kids! We stayed in Berber Tent 53, named Amalou, which has a Gold interior and breathtaking views from the spacious terrace and Hot Tub. The room itself was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. It had a very cosy feel and the free mini-bar, replenished daily was a nice touch. Definitely worth the extra £'s if affordable as they are very private and a real step up from the more basic rooms. The rest of the property was very beautiful, in particular the pool area where we spent most afternoons lazing with a cocktail or four! The food was for the most part exceptional so I can't really understand the negative reviews ... Perhaps not deserving of a Michelin Star but it was as good as you'd expect from a hotel of this standard. The highlight of our stay was probably the Mule Trek with Mohammed - a charming local who has been with the Kasbah for 20 odd years, well before Sir Richard whipped out his cheque book. Highly recommended (provided you have a head for heights) and a really authentic and memorable day out. We only had one issue when we were there but I believe that it's best to judge a hotel by how they handle a problem rather than the problem itself and in this case the issue was resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. We'll definitely be back... Perfect for a quick break in the sun, especially as its only 3 and a half hours from London.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Alexander D
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived from spending 3 days in Marrakesh which was unbelievable, to then come to another incredible magical place, we were greeted by "Vincent" with Champagne and a huge warm welcome by the staff. The views are wonderful you feel like your on a film set . Attention to detail is amazing, our room had rose petals over our bed! The whole stay was fantastic, a real retreat, food is amaZing and the presents on your bed at night is a beautiful touch. We will definitely return very soon. Not a place for Children, was all couples relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our second visit here, which in itself is a good indication as we never normally go back to the same place twice. It is just as stunning second time round and did not disappoint us. Everything is just perfect from the welcome when you arrive , the welcome from the staff who remember you from your last visit and the sad goodbye when you leave.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I don't know why I do this; but before I write a review, I read the few reviews which are the most
negative. So I did this with Kasbah Tamadot; and I found them very strange, as one of them,
only there for lunch, found it necessary to look down on probable guests as "Yuppies" and "New
Yorkers". And all of the negative reviewers, have found it necessary, for some odd reason, to
take a snarky swipe at owner, Sir Richard Branson. How odd, indeed. I suppose the negative
experience they had was real but I must say that I found these reviews most shocking.

My experience was absolutely the polar opposite. As a woman traveling alone, I've been told,
one may expect to be given short shrift. I've never had that problem and I received the most
accommodating and kind service, reception and treatment by everyone of the staff members.

OK, we all know the place is beautiful, even the nay-sayers agree with that. I must report that
the food was first rate. I don't drink, so I can't report on the wines but the juices are a delight.
I chose one of the Berber tents and I loved it. It was clean, well serviced and and well appointed. Yes, there are only 2, count 'em, 2 English TV stations. I don't think that's the
fault of the hotel. The WiFi worked perfectly, by the way. But one really should put away
the TV and IPads for a few days and take in what is on offer there: Spa with treatments galore,
excursions into the mountains and villages, swimming, tennis, etc.

Yes, it's expensive and if you can't afford to go there, don't. But don't make nasty remarks
about those who can. It's well worth its cost.

Oh, and one other wonderful thing. There are times when no children under 13 are allowed.
That's great for those of us who want real peace and quiet. But there are also times when
little children are welcomed and a great number of special activities are available for them. So
if you want a child-free experience or if you want to bring little ones, best to check the schedule.

I do have one, not really a complaint, but a suggestion that the outdoor pool not be heated.
The large spa pool is heated so I think the outdoor pool would be much more comfortable to
swim in if it were a tad chilly at first. At least in the hot summer months.

I thank Vincent and Fatima, among other kind staff members, for a most magical time.

Room Tip: I had a tour of some rooms. They are all different, beautiful. For the ultimate rustic, luxury, t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank operacat
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It is amazing, it is spectacular, it is Richard Branson!
We were touring Atlas out of Marrakech, and wanted to see Kasbah Tamadot.
And we were happy to experience it, although rather briefly. The lunch was typical Morrocan, nothing very special. It only got cold very fast, due to quite strong breeze.
The visitors (like ourselves) eat and are honoured to enjoy the opportunity to watch the guests lying around the pool beneath. One gets the feeling of being in the theatre audience. The hotel is extremely expensive. Check out their web site. Now, who wants to pay that price to be in the middle of nowhere, with nothing much to do but to eat and plunge into the swimming pool?
The personnel showed us around. The new part of the hotel consists of number of luxurious tents, but all of them were occupied and we could not see any of them.
The best we could think of is of some New Yorker, Wall Street yuppies, looking for exotic, expensive and reflecting vacation.
If you're one of them get there this moment! Otherwise, have a drink at the bar, and proceed around to nearby Berber villages for reality grounding.

Room Tip: Sorry, cannot help.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SlowhandW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asni
Kasbah Angour Atlas Mountains Hotel
Kasbah Bab Ourika
Kasbah Bab Ourika
#1 of 2 in Ourika
4.5 of 5 stars 501 reviews

Been to Kasbah Tamadot? Share your experiences!