See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay here, Mr Ramoul and his his family we super friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. The house is very quiet at night .Not the cheapest but worth it. Bikes stored safely inside the house.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Misspicky828
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in the Villa de l'Atlas for 5 weeks, as I was working as a volunteer with an educational organisation in Asni.
I cannot speak highly enough of the owners, the Ramoun family; they are extremely kind and hospitable - nothing was too much trouble for them. They were anxious that I should be comfortable and have everything I needed, and told me to make myself at home, and soon I felt like one of the family. I now feel very affectionate towards these wise and gentle people.
My room was comfortable and had everything I needed, a double bed, lots of storage space, and a gas heater for the cold nights. The house is furnished in traditional Moroccan style and colours so that I found my room rather dark - but the terrace was next door with stunning views and sunshine in the mornings. The en suite bathroom is simple but clean and functional.
The meals were wonderful - Hajja Ramoun and Lamiya are extremely skilled cooks. I had many different dishes while I was there and they were all excellent, Moroccan dishes made with local ingredients, all tasting delicious and very varied. Breakfasts, too, were ample and very good - and varied sometimes according to weather - a warming soup if it was cold weather! My breakfast was usually taken on the terrace with views of the snow-capped mountains, clear blue skies and birdsong all around.
The house is set in a lovely garden with olive trees, apple orchards all around, about a kilometre from Asni itself. There are good local walks and many opportunities for local trekking or touring in the foothills of the Atlas. Hajj Ramoun knows the area and the local people very well and gives good advice about trips.
I recommend Villa de l'Atlas if you want to experience the very best of Moroccan family hospitality, with good food, well-informed advice and always a kindly welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed with the Ramoun family and it is a truly magical experience to spend time with these kind, cultured, and exceptionally warm hosts. Their villa is in the small village of Asni, in the foothills of the High Atlas mountains, with absolutely beautiful views of snow-covered Mount Toubkal and the other peaks from the terrace. There are fantastic walks all around and it is only a short drive up to the village of Imli and the trails to climb Toubkal.

The rooms are warmly decorated in rich Moroccan colours and the food is wonderful - real Moroccan home cooking, which is so much more authentic than any restaurant. A wonderful experience and warmly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ohanlon463
Reviewed May 16, 2011

The villa is set in gardens and orchards maintained by the owner, Mr Ramon, and has lovely peaceful views of the surrounding mountains from the terraces, where breakfast and supper were served. (Bring your own wine.)

I stayed one night on my way over the Tiz n Test mountain road from Tarroudant to Marrakesh. I enjoyed my walk down the dirt lane to the village for the bus next morning.

Bad points:

.My large room was filled with four single beds and nothing else. No wardrobes. No chests. No bed-side tables. Absolutely nowhere to put your clothes.

.The shower-room had no shelves or anywhere else to put your toiletries. No drinking glass. No hand-rails for safe showering.

.Poor breakfast: Instant coffee, rubbery uneatable bread. I asked if there was orange juice and was simply told "No".

.Expensive at 300 dirhams for bed and breakfast. I have stayed in nice places in Maroc for 100, although 200 is more usual.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Douglas1945
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This family run guesthouse welcomes you as their own family. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is rather average. Lunch, dinner and breakfast were served outside on the balcony and for the first time we were served a home cooked normal meal, like the Moroccans really eat themselves. Lots of vegetables, lovely tapenades, fish, meat, you name it.
The view from the deck is amazing! Snow on the mountains of the Atlas and orchards around the house, a hidden gem.
The owners are very friendly and helpful.
Do consider to go to the end of the road. You first get to a town and after that the road continues for an other 18 km. or so. There the road stops which is a good spot for a walk.

Room Tip: they have only 1 room with a double bed.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple