All reviewsbeautiful chateaumedoc wine regionthe riverroom servicecommon spacerelaxing weekendlarge balconyshort drivebeyond the call of dutylovely dinnerwonderful stayswimming poolcost eurostaxi ridedinner reservationsgreat bedbordeaux area
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed at this property on the third week of a European Business trip and after a long week at the Paris Air Show. I had a second floor room with a balcony that overlooked the river. The room was large, very clean, and the balcony was a home run. The location is out of town on a farm and adjacent to the river. The property afforded me an opportunity to accomplish work in Bordeaux but was so relaxing in its ambiance, location, and ease of use it recharged the batteries like few properties have. I did not have a problem with the breakfast, as has been noted, but I can see how some might. As for location I had a car and it was also a non issue.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2008

As a special treat I decided to bring my wife to Bordeaux and stay in four star accomodation.
The Image of Chateaux Grattequina was wonderful,both in the photographs and upon arrival.
We are no strangers to large pretentious buildings, having worked myself in four and five star hotels in Ireland for the last twenty five years, my wife is supervisor of both Dublin Castle and the Guinness mansion Farmliegh House in Dublin's Phoenix park. In other words, we know quality when we see it.!!
On arrival,a little late,at 11pm.because being Irish I got lost!
we thought a drink in the bar would be nice with perhaps a sandwich. No bar! No food.! WHAT!!!
In the room,which was lovely,there was a mini-bar.A cup of tea was charged at 2.50Euro.A bag of crisps at over 5 Euro and unmentionable money for a small gin and tonic.
The only thing four star about this hospitality was the price.
At a cost of 459Euro for a two night stay isn't it a bit ' Irish' to charge an extra 16Euro each morning for a cold breakfast with coffee and tea served by yourself from a flask.?
Speaking of Irish,the management of this jumpt-up bed and breakfast should take a trip to even the most meager bed and breakfast in either England or Ireland to experience the difference,and where courtesy tea and coffee making facilities in the room are always free.
In the centre of Bordeaux ,we stayed in an apartment for the rest of the week where I could at least boil my own egg,!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PearseDublin
Reviewed September 29, 2008

the hotel is new and more for receptions than for vacationers. it only has 10 rooms and feels deserted. also it is the middle of corn fields . was ok but for the price would not go back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Storyteller802766
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Our stay in this luxury boutique hotel near Bordeaux was a real pleasure ! Grattequina is a charming 19th century mansion overlooking the Garonne river. It has been fully renovated with all the comfort of a modern four-star hotel while retaining its original charm and atmosphere.

It is well located to explore the Bordeaux wine region. The friendly owners are wine connoisseurs and gave us precious advice in planning our vineyard visits. We recommend this privately owned Château Boutique Hotel of Bordeaux to everyone looking for an exclusive discovery of the Bordeaux region and a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a 3 week vacation in France. We stayed four nights at the Chateau Grattequira at the end of May 08. It was a great experience. The hotel staff was very helpful in suggesting points to see and arranging wine tours.

The Chateau is a bit out of the way. It is about 15 minutes drive from the City of Bordeaux and about a 5 minute drive to the near by town of Blanquefort. YOU WILL NEED A CAR AND GOOD DIRECTIONS. We had a GPS but it did not get us to the hotel. It got us to the street before the turn for the Hotel. So make sure you get directions before you go.

There is a fine breakfast service (in fact they cooked eggs to order for us) but otherwise there is not bar, lounge or restaurant.

The rooms are huge with all the modern amenities and views of the river. The Chateau is beautiful and they spared no expense in the renovation. The location is good as it is the Medoc region and not far from Margeaux.

We would stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple