This is a classic example of always look at the big picture e.g. Google Earth. The Chateau looks good from the websites' pictures but does not show you the industrial landscape around you, it is also quite difficult to find. The service is invisable, maybe two people at any one time and they are usually busy elsewhere. There is no restaurant and nothing worth visiting nearby, we had to drive back into Bordeaux to find dinner, an unnecessary hassle. Having said that the lovely female receptionist russled up a pizza for us. The rooms were big but nothing special. Our room looked out to the Garonne but it was ugly with a huge crane in the foreground. It is expensive and very unforgiving as we were unable to make the first night booked and despite giving them plenty of notice of our car problems in Spain, they still insisted on charging for a full night, despite being quite empty, some understanding would have been appreciated. We would have settled for a half day charge.
Basically you can find 4-5 star accomodation in Bordeaux or the Medoc that would be significantly better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A ten rooms hotel along the Garonne ideally located to visit the vineyards between Bordeaux and Margaux. Its ten luxurious rooms, finely furnished, are each marked by a particular soul,the quiet charm of an old house along the Garonne and a modern comfort. Bathrooms, made with wood and mosaics, inspire welfare. The hotel has its own boat to join Bordeaux center. 15 minutes of sailing, drinks on board, facing the 18th century facades of Bordeaux. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Chateau Grattequina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Grattequina Blanquefort, France - Bordeaux
- Chateau Grattequina Hotel Blanquefort